If led zeppelin went on tour
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

View Poll Results: Would you go see Led Zeppelin?
Yes 20 76.92%
No 5 19.23%
Led who? 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
GraphicGr8s
Pixel Prestidigitator

PTrader: (10/100%)

If led zeppelin went on tour

Would you go see them?
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.
GraphicGr8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 03:30 AM   #2
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Duh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sethjohnson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (50/100%)

One of the best bands of all time. If they toured again I would find a way to make several shows. My wife gives me hell all the time because I always have the same 2 bands that I always listen to. Led Zeppelin and Tool. IMO these two bands put more thought and emotion into their art than any other band. My older brothers(which are 10 and 16 years older than me) turned me onto Led Zeppelin at a very young age and it seems to have come full circle when I discovered Tool when I went to see them in 1992 and have seen them 8 times since then.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:14 AM   #4
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

The Who is doing the entire quadrophenia album and I got tickets to see them. Don't care 2 of them are dead, they are old, that is my favorite album of all time and to see it start to finish will allow me to cross another one of my have to see bands off my list. There is lots of people I would like to see but I could take them or leave it, but there are a few I really want to see.

Nine Inch Nails-done
The Who-soon
Eric Clapton-not yet
Bush-not yet

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (232/100%)

Yesterday I remembered how John Bonhams drummed the 'Fools In The Rain' on youtube. A great legendary drummer.
herns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:44 PM   #6
c_gwinner
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

Is this really a question or just a statement? I'm confused.....haha. Hell to the Yes I would go

Canon Pimp Club #094
c_gwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
tobystanton
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/83%)

No, it wouldn't be the same and would probably ruin my perception of them.

They would have to tune everything down a step because Robert Plant cant hit the same high notes that he did when he was young. Jimmy Page also has arthritis so his guitar playing would be sub-par in comparison to when he was in his prime.

Not to mention Bohnam would have to be replaced (his son isn't half the drummer his father was).
tobystanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #8
jflng
PTO

PTrader: (83/100%)

I'll probably be burned at the stake for saying this, but Led Zeppelin is a subpar band (My opinion of course). I find their music to be sloppy. I respect the fact that they were pioneers, and enjoy other bands that were influenced by them. I like a lot classic rock, but just can't get into Zeppelin. I've seen some of their live performances on tape - not impressed.

I also find KISS, Sabbath, and Hendriix to be completely overrated. runs away....
jflng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:34 AM   #9
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflng View Post
I'll probably be burned at the stake for saying this, but Led Zeppelin is a subpar band (My opinion of course). I find their music to be sloppy. I respect the fact that they were pioneers, and enjoy other bands that were influenced by them. I like a lot classic rock, but just can't get into Zeppelin. I've seen some of their live performances on tape - not impressed.

I also find KISS, Sabbath, and Hendriix to be completely overrated. runs away....
I agree except for the zeppelin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sethjohnson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #10
tharsis
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Led Zeppelin is probably my favorite band of all time, but I agree with tobystanton, I wouldn't want to see them in concert now. I don't want to see an old washed up version of the band I love, I can't help but think that it would be disappointing, especially after shelling out the hundreds of dollars that the tickets would likely cost.

What are your favorite albums? I love all of their stuff but #3 was my favorite, love the acoustic guitar in gallows pole and friends, and of course I love immigrant song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMn1a5Kp1No
Old 10-12-2012, 05:17 AM   #11
tobystanton
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/83%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharsis View Post
Led Zeppelin is probably my favorite band of all time, but I agree with tobystanton, I wouldn't want to see them in concert now. I don't want to see an old washed up version of the band I love, I can't help but think that it would be disappointing, especially after shelling out the hundreds of dollars that the tickets would likely cost.

What are your favorite albums? I love all of their stuff but #3 was my favorite, love the acoustic guitar in gallows pole and friends, and of course I love immigrant song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMn1a5Kp1No
My favorite album from them is CODA, and fav song is Poor Tom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h95LIJDsfQc
tobystanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 AM   #12
CatB
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to CatB Send a message via Skype™ to CatB

if i had money!

still, i'd feel bad about going to see them without bonzo around, and honestly i don't know if they'd ever really tour without him... there's been talk yeah, what with celebration day coming out but jimmy's been denying rumors of a tour. then again, the same thing happened with the stones last year and look where we are now :P
CatB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #13
Bear Sage
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

They would have to bring a killer line-up that included The Holy Trinity, Rush!! A not overrated band... Also a more contemporary band like Mumford and Sons or Black keys, maybe even Mastodon.
Bear Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:18 PM   #14
jflng
PTO

PTrader: (83/100%)

Fair enough, I might go see Zeppelin if they opened for Rush
jflng is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:30 PM   #15
finsNfur
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

We've always been huge Led Zep fans. Back in the day they were THE band to listen to. I was in high school between classes when we got the news that John B. died. Absolutely shocking. I'd see them now, just for the experience, but it would never be the same.

Rush just played here last week, I wish we'd known, we would have gone! It was a sold-out show. I saw Rush several times in the early 80's, I love their early music. I also saw The Stones in 1982 in London, but it wasn't an impressive show, then again I only like a few of their songs. Around 1980 my then boyfriend invited me to come with him to both AC/DC and Sabbath shows, but my parents wouldn't let me, and I have never forgiven them! LOL. We did see Ozzy at the Ozfest 7-8 years ago, he was awesome. We were near the stage to the side, facing Sharon who sat through the whole thing, out of most people's sight. Speaking of AC/DC, we got one of our dogs from the drummer's (Phil Rudd) wife 17 years ago. She was breeding border collies, they were renting a farm in California while they were recording an album. Best dog in the world, he died last year.

I'm a total fan of hard rock. Not a huge fan of Hendrix or Kiss at all, though.
finsNfur is offline   Reply With Quote