Is ingesting fertilizer toxic for shrimps?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
ThatGuyWithTheFish
perugiae
 
ThatGuyWithTheFish's Avatar
 
PTrader: (23/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,345
Default

Is ingesting fertilizer toxic for shrimps?


I dose dry ferts daily in my shrimp tank. KH2PO4, K2SO4, and Plantex CSM + B. I skip out on nitrates and iron because of their possible bad effects. But when I dose, it never dissolve right away. Big chunks sit at the bottom, and I worry about a shrimp munching one some. Are they dangerous, if consumed?
__________________

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"


My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"


RAOK Club #69
ThatGuyWithTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
sbarbee54
The Security Dude
 
sbarbee54's Avatar
 
PTrader: (103/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Badlands
Posts: 4,180
Default

I would say some are some are not. Best bet is disolve in a cup of tank water first then add it to the tank
__________________
55 Planted Rummys,2 GBR,8 Corys,4 Discus PFR Culls
Many shrimp tanks
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...half-done.html
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012