ADA Co2 System instructions and adapters
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 06-16-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
ADA
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

ADA Co2 System instructions and adapters

Hi there everyone. I've been searching everywhere and even emailed ADA, trying to find a downloadable manual or even some instructions for my ADA Co2 System. Can anyone please help me find it?

My other question, is, has anyone been able to successfully find a way to connect the ADA Regulator to a USA Paintball tank? The disposable cartridges are too small, and I'd love a refillable option. ADA make an adapter (Part number 101-304) but this is difficult/impossible to find, and I think even if I find it, it's not going to work on USA Co2 bottles. I don't even know if it will work on regular Japanese or European bottles, because as far as I can tell it's made for ADA's own "Large aquarium" refillable bottle.

Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
ADA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 12:29 AM   #2
Akira
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Akira

do a serach for Fluval C02 and there is a thread with a very similiar title to that and towards the end they discuss doing this to the fluval and im sure the only thing different would be the threads that go into the ADA regulator otherwise everything should be the same....hope this helps!
Eheim Pimp #292

Akira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
ADA
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
do a serach for Fluval C02 and there is a thread with a very similiar title to that and towards the end they discuss doing this to the fluval and im sure the only thing different would be the threads that go into the ADA regulator otherwise everything should be the same....hope this helps!
Hey there, thanks for the help. I took a look at that thread.. it's similar, but not quite the same. I'm guessing these ADA regulators have their own special thread (probably to prevent exactly what I'm trying to do, so ppl have no options other than to buy their expensive "capsules")

I'm really hoping someone here has this same regulator, and can tell me for sure what would work.. surely someone must have attempted this? I can't imagine anyone would be happy paying $14 + shipping for about 3 weeks??

Thanks again
Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
Akira
Planted Tank Obsessed

Send a message via AIM to Akira

Like I said all it takes is finding somthing that matches those threads on the ADA and converts it to something else and the rest would be the same as how they did it in that thread..
Eheim Pimp #292

Akira is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 06:34 AM   #5
Cab123
Algae Grower

ADA kit is not cost efficient in long run though.

go for this

CO2 system

Cab123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 06:35 AM   #6
ADA
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Like I said all it takes is finding somthing that matches those threads on the ADA and converts it to something else and the rest would be the same as how they did it in that thread..
Right.. that's why I started this topic, so I can try to find someone who has this regulator and help me identify what adapter to get. It's not just as simple as finding the right thread.. there is a part available from ADA that's specifically made for this regulator, but they are very unclear about what the thread goes to. It just says it "This is exclusively designed for ADA genuine CO2 System74-YA / Ver.2 and SA. Includes a white internal seal"

Even if I could afford the nine bajillion dollars that this refillable tank probably costs, I doubt I could find anyone locally to refill it..

So really, what I need to find out is what thread/connector is at the top of this canister. http://www.adana.co.jp/en/products/n...rge_co2system/
Old 06-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #7
ADA
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab123 View Post

go for this

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/z...m/IMG_4540.jpg
The fact that it's not cost effective is the point of this thread. I'm trying to find out how to connect it to a paintball tank, which would make it cost effective.

That pic you posted looks like a good one though. I like it.

This looks better than some of the ones on ebay (JBJ etc).. Heard bad things about some of those, as far as reliability/consistency. Also, the reason I'm leaning towards trying to fit this to a paintball tank rather than a regular 5lb Co2 tank, is that those Co2 tanks ate about $50 + shipping, which would be a lot to Hawaii, and then refills are expensive here too.

Paintball tanks are about $10 for a 20 oz tank, and then $3 per refill. Lasts about 2 or 3 months.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #8
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (87/98%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab123 View Post

go for this

CO2 system

it is my picture
Bettatail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
ADA
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
it is my picture

Nice!

How much? :p
Old 06-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #10
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

The regulator alone is $1000 +
I got it new, an old stock item.

this setup is completed 316L stainless steel.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 AM   #11
ADA
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
The regulator alone is $1000 +
I got it new, an old stock item.

this setup is completed 316L stainless steel.
WOAH!! Why you gotta tease me like that. lol!

Man.. that's more expensive than ADA stuff!! haha
Old 06-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #12
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA View Post

Man.. that's more expensive than ADA stuff!! haha
not really, check the links in my signature, the setup is actually for sale right now.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #13
ADA
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
not really, check the links in my signature, the setup is actually for sale right now.
So, I noticed on those that they have holes (where you attach the gauges, and where the inlet attachment goes)

Could I get a paintball on/off ASA thingy like this:

... and use one of these, to connect your regulator to the ASA valve, which will be connected of course, to a paintball tank. (instead of the one that goes to the Co2 bottle you have)

Old 06-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #14
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

If you want a quality rig, you can pay one of several companies a great deal of money to make you one. Or you can save yourself 30-50% my creating it yourself via Evilbay parts, if you're willing to sacrifice a warranty and customer service.

You live in Hawaii, and therefore, financially speaking, paintball is not an option (not kidding - ask your Hawaii forum-mates if you don't believe me). If you plan on spending more than the next 2 years with a CO2-injected tank, a 20lb cylinder is your only real bet (again, check with your state forum). If you are determined to go paintball, you can buy a $15 paintball adapter from one of several sources. This will allow you to run any regulator rig you'd like with a painball tank.

Regardless, post this stuff in the Hawaii forum. You guys are separated enough from the rest of the states that finances are significantly different. And good luck!
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #15
ADA
Wannabe Guru

Heya thanks for that advice. Why is paintball not an option in Hawaii? I actually am currently running a paintball setup on my other tank.. refills are $3 at sport authority.

I love diy stuff, so I'd be totally willing to go on "evil-bay" to buy the parts and put it together. I'd imagine lots of ppl have done lots of testing, and found the best quality parts ever.. do you know if there is a thread that specifies exactly what brand/part numbers etc to get for a really nice high quality system?

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmo911 View Post
If you want a quality rig, you can pay one of several companies a great deal of money to make you one. Or you can save yourself 30-50% my creating it yourself via Evilbay parts, if you're willing to sacrifice a warranty and customer service.

You live in Hawaii, and therefore, financially speaking, paintball is not an option (not kidding - ask your Hawaii forum-mates if you don't believe me). If you plan on spending more than the next 2 years with a CO2-injected tank, a 20lb cylinder is your only real bet (again, check with your state forum). If you are determined to go paintball, you can buy a $15 paintball adapter from one of several sources. This will allow you to run any regulator rig you'd like with a painball tank.

Regardless, post this stuff in the Hawaii forum. You guys are separated enough from the rest of the states that finances are significantly different. And good luck!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.