Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated w/NEW PICS 2/15/14 - Page 41
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #601
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (73/100%)

Hey, if your ever in Franklin, hit me up. I go there every thursday all day. Trade some plants possibly, or at least meet up.

Your tank is looking amazing right now. EPIC!

-Caton

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 AM   #602
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Ziggi....not entirely. The product sells itself! Lol! As it should! I just take pictures to show everyone what's been going on with the tank, and that was one of the more noticeable things that had changed. It's actually kind of fun to show something new.....,this tank does not experience a fast rate of change both above or below the waterline. Moss growth and new buce shoots are neat, but take a long time to grow. It's nice to be able to focus on a neat highlight.

Geeze guys! Thank you!

Betta, I'm sure that you will be able to! Just takes a little time, patience, and a willingness to think outside the box. Practice. But "yes," this is a pressurized CO2 tank. With the amount of light above it, there would be no way the aquatic plants would do well without it.

I Love Fish--I'm very flattered and happy that you like it! I've been able to win-over my wife over the years by improving on skill and showing her that spending all of that money was worth it. Lol!! The pressure from her helped! I almost sold this set up before moving from St. Louis to Nashville. Glad I kept it!

Swimz-- thanks for the Alicia Key's serenade! I am surprised, too, that the plants have done as well on top as they have. The higher humidity due to the warm weather certainly has helped. Otherwise, just being consistent with the watering of the plants has been very beneficial as well. Nothing grows really fast, but it has been very consistent growth. Well, the Dischidia has grown pretty quickly.....and the Peperomia grew pretty well after some initial die off.

Thanks Caton! I would be happy to meet up some time!! I didn't know that you were so close! I will see what I can do over the coming weeks. That'd be fun!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:00 AM   #603
bigstick120
Algae Eater

PTrader: (243/100%)

Looking great as usual! Really liking what you have above the waterline. The mist effect is pretty darn cool!
bigstick120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #604
I<3<*))))><
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to I<3<*))))><

Hah, Im slowy trying to win my BF over with freshwater. He keeps saying he isn't interested in planted tanks and that my shrimp look like bugs to em, lol.

I just miss the days were we BOTH spent hours Oohhing & Aahhing over our reefs. It'd be heaven to be able to share this hobby with him again.

I don't think I'd ever have the heart to sell a tank like that. The dimensions alone are killer! Keep it up!!
Stephanie - RAOK Club #130
FINNEX CLUB MEMBER!
I<3<*))))>< is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 04:41 AM   #605
BackAtIt

PTrader: (0/0%)

You've probably been asked a million times, but what kind of light is that? I can't seem to find mention in the thread.

Beautiful tank, you have an artistic eye. Thanks for sharing the process with us!
BackAtIt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 02:00 PM   #606
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Stephanie--Don't saltwater shrimp look similarly "bug-like" to him? Copepods don't look like bugs to him?? I think that he sees what he wants to see because he misses his reef tanks. Perhaps for good reason, too, but he needs to give freshwater an honest chance and quit trying to compare it to reef systems. Both have differences and are equally stunning, if done properly.

BackAtIt--Thank you! Regarding your question: do you mean what type of light fixtures? I have two TEK Elites with eight HO T5 bulbs in each fixture.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:03 PM   #607
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

UPDATE!:

Here is a teaser.....I'll get more shots up in a few hours. They're uploaded, I just have to import into the thread. I am starving and have some things to do first.

Old 07-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #608
blazeyreef
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

were were you guys like 3 years ago when I lived in Spring Hill??? I would have loved to of met up in franklin to trade!
and bro your tank is just freakin amazing
blazeyreef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 05:27 PM   #609
AnotherHobby
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

That picture is stunning! Amazingly beautiful with so much color!

This whole tank is just insane and intense I love it!
AnotherHobby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #610
NWA-Planted
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

Pretty sure I just suffered a visual orgasm

Sent from... The BEYOND via tapatalk
Sump Pimp #8
RAOK Clubber #28
NWA-Planted is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #611
peachii
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Your tank is beautiful! Looks really great with all that color.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #612
KFryman
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Wow this tank has come a long way! This tank is a piece of art, I can see why you won over your wife with this tank. Your plants all look great and are super colorful. I hope someone in the future my tanks can look half as good as your tank.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #613
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (55/100%)

i still cant quite understand how you can get so much color out of your tank. must be those megalights - and a very fine-tuned CO2.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:25 PM   #614
samee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
i still cant quite understand how you can get so much color out of your tank. must be those megalights - and a very fine-tuned CO2.
I wanna know how he takes pics that show all those colours. I think I mightve asked about it before, cant remember.

My Hens and Chicks Plants > http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...722&highlight=

samee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #615
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Thank you Blazey, AnotherHobby, Peachii for the compliments!!

NWA, that's awesome! And gross. LOL!!

KFryman, you will be able to. Just get good equipment, fertilize as you should, and practice trimming, moving groups around to see what looks good in what location. Just like most things it's all about the practice and developing the eye for it.

Marko and Samee, there really is nothing secretive. I play with the lighting sets for the pics before I take them, make sure that I have little ambient light for whole tank shots; for "underwater" shots, I hang fabric around the lights so I don't get any sort of weird reflection. Otherwise, the tank is mature now, much easier to fertilize, and fairly easy to photograph. Just a healthy tank with awesome lights and some unique bulb combos. It sure as heck isn't my picture taking abilities! I ended up taking 120 pictures that night as well, and ended up with 61, so it does help that I have a variety to choose from, at least.

I'll post a few dozen pics over the next few days. Just to forewarn your eyes, NWA.

Tillandsia blooming!

Left Side:

Right Side:

Crypt Spathe:

Center of the tank:

Hygro "Tiger" (left) and Ludwigia grandulosa x palustris (right) shot above the water

Alternanthera sp. "mini." Not so "mini" right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.