Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated 7/1 w/Video+submersed PICS! - Page 29
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 PM   #421
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Outstanding! Im actually pretty impressed with ur water clarity considering the water change habits!
The metallic patch is making me envious!. Its very unique and attractive the way you have it laid out!

Old 03-09-2013, 11:28 PM   #422
hydrophyte
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (141/100%)

That's amazing.
hydrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #423
toksyn
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)
Default Re: Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! NEW PICS 3/9!!

Excellent!

The Precipice | Hypoptopoma Haven
toksyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #424
hydrophyte
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (141/100%)

These two shots especially awesome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaz View Post

Closer in:

hydrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:54 PM   #425
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (68/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Thanks Guys! HD, what are you talking about, man!? You don't need to do massive water changes all the time or once per week. I do alright with one or two very small changes every week or two. It's not to say that you "can't" do it your way, but why would you want to?

Toksyn....thank you! I have heeded your advice for the other tank, and have been slowly removing peat and coco fiber from the Hygrolon and EpiWeb. The hairgrass seems to be growing on it just fine and roots in better. It's been an interesting progress!

Devin! Thank you very Sir! No doubt about it, I've really enjoyed this set up this time around!

Would any of you guys know a better photo hosting site than Photobucket? I used to be able to upload my pics in better resolution, and though I've learned my lesson in trying to post 2MB pics here on the site, I would mind being able to post pictures here that are in better detail and a bit larger than what is available. Would a Pro Flickr account be better than what I'm getting with Photobucket currently?

Thanks in advance! This is killing me!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:31 AM   #426
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Thanks Guys! HD, what are you talking about, man!? You don't need to do massive water changes all the time or once per week. I do alright with one or two very small changes every week or two. It's not to say that you "can't" do it your way, but why would you want to?

Toksyn....thank you! I have heeded your advice for the other tank, and have been slowly removing peat and coco fiber from the Hygrolon and EpiWeb. The hairgrass seems to be growing on it just fine and roots in better. It's been an interesting progress!

Devin! Thank you very Sir! No doubt about it, I've really enjoyed this set up this time around!

Would any of you guys know a better photo hosting site than Photobucket? I used to be able to upload my pics in better resolution, and though I've learned my lesson in trying to post 2MB pics here on the site, I would mind being able to post pictures here that are in better detail and a bit larger than what is available. Would a Pro Flickr account be better than what I'm getting with Photobucket currently?

i do it mostly for water clarity.. that and it helps my rainbows spawn which is truly a site to see
and if i don't do it, my water is all like bleh looking..
Old 03-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #427
toksyn
Planted Member

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:

Glad to hear it .

The Precipice | Hypoptopoma Haven
toksyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:10 AM   #428
Jiinx
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

love it!

The rocks and the plants compliment each other well. The build is so complex and there are many hidden layers inside your tank. The colours are so vibrant and cover each shade of brown, green and reds. It's really beautiful, Don. I love each of your updates!

sarah
Jiinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:27 AM   #429
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Thanks Sarah! I'm so happy that you like it!! That pleases me!

HD---You're right on the spawning. Good trigger mechanism, so you probably need the frequent changes. Do you ever get viable fry from that?

Anyhow, I figured it out! Try clicking on these for a better look!!

Last edited by crazydaz; 03-10-2013 at 04:04 AM.. Reason: !
crazydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #430
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

Yes i do get fry, but they get eaten. A good mat of a floating plant would easily solve that though
Old 03-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #431
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

What do you feed your cobalt blues and how do you like them? I hear they can be a little finicky when it comes to water quality, temperatures, and food.
pianofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:07 AM   #432
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

I don't specifically feed them anything. I small amounts of flake, bloodworms, brine shrimp, and some sinking algae pellets. Sometimes, some cyclops "goo," and I do have some Repashy I need to start using.

I don't see them eating much "food," per se. Rather, they seem to eat the mulmy biofilm on plant leaves, the rocks, and substrate. I don't really see them as picky or fussy. Shy, maybe. And only the dominant male gets that awesome cobalt blue color.

If you have a mature system and don't over-clean your tank, they are fun to watch dart around and chase one another.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #433
Soup12
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (65/99%)

what livestock do u have in there???

would look awesome with some celestial pearl danios - nano salmon
Soup12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #434
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:

Really looks fantastic Don! I'm very happy for you!
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #435
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Soup--I have a TON of livestock in there, including several types of micros, like Pygmy Cories, Microdevario, and Boraras species. CPD's would simply hide in this tank, so I don't believe that they would be a good option for me.

Frank--Thank you buddy! It'll be interesting to see what your tank looks like after you remove the uber-clump of crypts!!

I'll get the last set of pics up later today. They will be the last set that I use from Photobucket ever. Onward to using Flickr Pro for my photos!

Last edited by crazydaz; 03-12-2013 at 01:46 PM.. Reason: !
crazydaz is offline   Reply With Quote