Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated w/NEW PICS 2/15/14 - Page 14
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 11-30-2012, 04:23 AM   #196
tylergvolk
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

Your tanks are primo! I love reading your threads.
tylergvolk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #197
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Looks awesome Don. The furniture makes it a nice, cozy place to hang out and just watch the tank. The Mrs. Has exquisite taste
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #198
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

looking great Don. Everything is coming together including the home furnishing . The more I look at your tank, the more inspired I get.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:48 PM   #199
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Don - Funny stuff, typical Aqua-Nut, worry about furniture AFTER I get the tank up & running.

Tell the truth, you had a lawn chair for yourself in front of the tank up until now? Right?

DogFish is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #200
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (55/100%)

Who needs furniture at all? A 5 gallon bucket upside down is a fine stool for tank-viewing.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #201
BeachBum2012
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/100%)

Every time I see updates I find new ways to be amazed. The tank, and tank room, look absolutely fantastic.

Mr Aqua 17g
BeachBum2012 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #202
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Thanks Aaron! I am dosing modified EI to the water column as well. I do have some stems in there that probably need the extra "oomph," as well as keeping everything else looking colorful. I'm also feeding riparium plants too, so they need the nutrient load to be a bit high as well.

16 lights isn't so bad....it's only four more than what I have up there right now. But I needed the upgraded lighting to fit the aesthetic of the room better than the "DIY" feel of my current pendant "Star I". It works great, and I hate to get rid of it, but it's just time to move onto "Star II."

Toksyn--Thank you, kindly!! The plant is Alternanthera "Variegated." I bought some from Jojo a while back, and has done very well for me. It provides a nice contrast in the tank, while tying in the colors of the plants above, and also within the room itself now (with the reddish-orange chairs). It also has a variegated pattern similar to what you find in Hygrophila polysperma "Sunset." Very cool plant....nice color, spreads laterally, and grows fairly slow.

Ryan---thank you, Sir! I hope it will be an improvement over the last one! The top part is nice....and bottom is at least trying to catch up a bit now! Time will tell!

MarioMann72--Yeah, I haven't used them for a few years, but I really haven't needed to. Now, I'm just waiting for Arizona Aquatic Gardens to send me my stuff, man! I ordered it Sunday evening, and still haven't gotten any word yet regarding the shipment. It's causing me to clench my jaw a bit. I've ordered 24 Amano's, 30 olive nerites, and 6 Bamboo shrimp....and I was hoping that they would be here by now. Anyone else have dealings with them? Is this normal?

Tyler--LOL! "Primo"! Nice! Thank you very much! I hope that you are enjoying the thread, and maybe getting some inspiration and ideas of your own to try out. I've seen some Tillandsia species popping up on other threads as well, which has been interesting. Always neat to see others with the same ideas, and still others who take an idea and improve upon it!

Bill---HEY! I WAS THE ONE the picked out the furniture, I'll have you know! It's my room, and my wife told me to have at it. She was along when I picked them out, and she OK'd them, but I picked them out! LOL! I assure you that I paid for them...you can believe that!! Yeah, it's nice to be able to sit down in that room now, do some work, and listen to some music. Sonic Chill podcasts from 107.1 out of Ann Arbor, MI. You simply cannot beat it!

Keith--Thank you, buddy! It very nice to have your support, and I hope that you can find this thread useful and/or enjoyable! And, if you hate it, I would expect that you would tell me that as well!!

Looks like our lunch or dinner in Lexington will have to wait....I'm going to Alabama the week after next, and that will likely be the end of my travels until January. I do need to get back there in January, so maybe around the middle of January, if you aren't too busy, we could meet up again!!

Frank---IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY?!?!? HAHA!! I had to match the furniture to the Alternanthera "variegated," so I had to see if it was going to first make it or not, yes??

Well, it certainly is MUCH better now. The only time where I would spend any time looking at it was when I was working on it, which was the same issue I had before back at the last house. That's no good! So, the chairs are a welcome addition!! The bookcases will be useful, but now I'm kinda at a crossroads with those: if I load them up with impressive texts from my college years, will the spines be too distracting? I feel like I need to buy some sort of leather-bound encyclopedias, or something, to match. Likely, I'll just throw some kind of books in there. I held onto those damned college texts for a reason....it's about time to put them up and impress "would be" dinner guests, hypothetically. You know, in case the tank doesn't do that for them already.

Marko---That's hilarious! Spoken like a true college student!! Too funny! It wouldn't work for me, though. I like to slouch, so it would be very uncomfy for me!!

BeachBum2012---Hey, thank you bud! It's been an effort, and it is nice to get compliments! I find it equally amazing that so many people have been kind enough to say so! I didn't expect that, so I am truly and sincerely flattered!! Thank you!!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #203
ThatGuyWithTheFish
perugiae

PTrader: (23/100%)

Oh, so what kind of Alternanthera species is that? I've heard/seen that most get pink, but this a really nice red.

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"

My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"

RAOK Club #69
ThatGuyWithTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #204
kwheeler91
Wannabe Guru

Lookin good daz. Diggin the riparian growth on this incarnation of the square.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:02 AM   #205
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

TGWTF---It is Alternanthera reineckii "variegated." I think that some of the color is due to my specific lighting scheme, as well as a nutrient-rich substrate and a modified EI dosing regimen. I'm just able to bring out the red coloration pretty nicely using all of these factors.

Like I said above, it's a neat plant with variegation similar to Hygro polysperma "Sunset." I picked some up from JoJo about 7-8 months ago. Here it is back in my old set up a few months ago:

Thanks Kwheeler!! It's added a great touch to the set up, and helps with the humidity, too! Noticeably, in fact, which was a little surprising to me!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #206
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (402/100%)

Woah, seeing the tank with two club chairs in front of it really puts its size into perspective. What a gorgeous monster this has turned into.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 05:47 AM   #207
wabisabi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (38/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaz View Post
TGWTF---It is Alternanthera reineckii "variegated." I think that some of the color is due to my specific lighting scheme, as well as a nutrient-rich substrate and a modified EI dosing regimen. I'm just able to bring out the red coloration pretty nicely using all of these factors.

Like I said above, it's a neat plant with variegation similar to Hygro polysperma "Sunset." I picked some up from JoJo about 7-8 months ago. Here it is back in my old set up a few months ago:

One of my favorite plants!

Love your tank!
wabisabi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:16 AM   #208
izabella87
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Really magnificent room & tank!!
izabella87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 08:44 AM   #209
oliver77
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Cooll tank!!
Old 12-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #210
SpecGrrl
Wannabe Guru

All you need are nice footstools and no one will ever leave.
SpecGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.