Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated 7/1 w/Video+submersed PICS! - Page 12
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 11-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #166
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
an iguana would likely be happy to bask on those branches, eat the plants, swim around stirring up the sand, and relieve its bowls in such a tank.
oh, definitely!! an iguana would LOVE this tank. right up to the point where he leaps off and terrorizes the household!!!LOL but it would be cool to see something living up there, wouldn't it?
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #167
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (57/100%)

thats ok.
just letting you know, if you have an extra rhizome of something he doesnt want, let me know. ive only got one bruce and wouldnt mind some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishies_in_Philly View Post
oh, definitely!! an iguana would LOVE this tank. right up to the point where he leaps off and terrorizes the household!!!LOL but it would be cool to see something living up there, wouldn't it?
terrorize isnt the word i would use. iguanas are awesome, and can be pretty docile and tame (though not as much as a domesticated animal) if raised properly. when i was working at a reptile sanctuary i would hand feed the pair they had. i would sit in the cage, and they would climb into my lap to eat the leaves i was feeding them.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #168
SpecGrrl
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

I also very much appreciate all the love in this thread. It's a pleasure to read all the exchanges and warm camaraderie.

Thanks to our excellent host, and all the fine companions!
SpecGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 AM   #169
hhk12
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

all i have to say is wow just wow!!!!
40 planted

hhk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #170
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
terrorize isnt the word i would use. iguanas are awesome, and can be pretty docile and tame (though not as much as a domesticated animal) if raised properly. when i was working at a reptile sanctuary i would hand feed the pair they had. i would sit in the cage, and they would climb into my lap to eat the leaves i was feeding them.
oh, don't get me wrong. they are great animals. i had one for several years. i just mean when they break away, they can be pretty scary, especially to an unsuspecting cat or dog. heck even the kid and wife.....LOL mine scared the crap out of my cat when he freaked out. one of the funniest things i had ever seen.....LOL
Old 11-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #171
cturner
Algae Grower

Ok Don...
#1 shame on you for directing me to the last page!
#2 The tank looks beautiful

I like the fact that you added more manzi, your eye doesn't just look right to the center of the tank now. Those tillys are awesome too. I can't wait to see your crypts & buce's once they really start to fill in.

As always love the pics!
cturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #172
Fizgig777
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Beautiful tank! Especially the top section =)

☯ Stop by and see Tropical Haven, too.
~ Updated March 2011 ~

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆
Fizgig777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #173
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Sorry guys and gals.....I've been away on a work trip and didn't have any time to respond back! Stupid work!...

Bob--No worries, you would still be annoying if you hadn't done that. JK!! You set me up for that one!

Bill--Thank you for the easy one! xD That was a softball! LOL! But you are right....even after this thing is done filling in and looks great, there will be Don with his arms wet to the shoulders tinkering around in it. Someone tell me to "stop!" when we get to that point, please! I'll end up ruining it.

NO REPTILES! I would be Wife-less so fast your head would spin. And at my age, I'm too tired to go out and try to find a new one of those....

Marko--by the time I can offer him buces, I'll have plenty to go around. There are a TON in there; I need shoots, and then I need those shoots to send out shoots. I'll go from having nothing to having 4 dozen ready around the same time.

SpecGrrl--Thank you! Verbal "hugs" and "Fist bumps" are about the best we can do given the distances. Everyone here has been very kind to me, and I try to return that the best I can! Good people!!

hhk12--Thank you for saying something, though! I appreciate it! Feel free to add commentary or criticisms as you wish!

Correna--Well, I thought that I would keep you "current" with the thread, and thought it was well within your grasp to click on the "arrow" to change pages back to the pictures, if you wanted to. lol! I'm glad that you like it! It's been a big experiment for me, of sorts, and it seems to be going pretty well! Like you, I want those crypts and buces to start filling in too!!! And, I need more emmergent growth from my stems in there to tie everything in a bit better. I probably will be looking at buying a few addition plants that will be able to grow that tall and hold their own above water without becoming "weedy." I'll have to give that some thought, though. I like the Ludwigia alata and Ammannia latifolia for that reason....I'll have to source some additional Hygro lancea stems.

Hey, thanks Fizgig! Love your goldfish tank, man!! That thing is enormous!! Your goldies look like red platys in that thing! Very cool!!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 AM   #174
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

how many hygro lancea stems are you going to need Don. i'll probably have 3 or so in about 2 weeks or so. of course, it will probably be too cold to ship then.....LOL
Old 11-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #175
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

If you could only see this thing in person, oh the eye full it is! I am fortunate enough that I am some what close to this thing of beauty and the owners have been nice enough to let me stop by and enjoy it. You all are really missing out, in person it is even more amazing.

So, have you figured out a misting solution yet? Or have you looked into blending the cords into the wall yet? If you need any ideas, let me know. I am full of them!
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
tlyons01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:50 AM   #176
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Bill--I'll probably need those three, if you can spare them. They take a while to convert and grow, the the flowers are great!! Well worth the weight.

Therese--it was a pleasure to see you again, and under better circumstances. Thank you for hanging out!

Not sure about the misting...it would be difficult to do and have it blend in. I like the idea of a fogger, but again, I don't know where I would put it. I'll probably just keep it manual via spray bottle.

The cords....I don't know about that either. I would like to install an outlet above the pendant and get out of the way completely, but that is a LOT easier said than done, and veritably impossible for someone like me who has no experience (or drive) doing such a project. I might install some sort of blank theme art thing back there that would act as a false background and hide the cords.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:42 AM   #177
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

That is not a bad idea, disguising or better even hiding it. I bet you have a slew of nature pictures to choose from. Great way to tie in 2 hobbies...
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 AM   #178
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Oh, not that type of false background!! Just a blank partition that will stick out slightly from the wall behind it. It will probably be cream colored only, or maybe it will be covered in fabric or something. No false nature scenes for this guy!!
Old 11-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #179
tlyons01
Planted Tank Enthusiast

(I meant your wife's nature pictures)
Fraternity of Dirt #75
Mud Pies~20 gallon
Old 11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #180
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Oh, the ol' "nature pics" from the wife? Hey! This is a family forum!!! Lol

Don, the 3 stems should be no problem. One of them is already growing emersed in my paludarium and the other 2 should be breaking the surface any day now, so your conversion time should be nil.