General Chat - Talk about anything! - Page 87
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #1291
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (177/100%)

Outside walmart waiting for the great stampede of 2012.
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #1292
chibikaie
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Now that's brave. To me, no bargain is worth the crowds and rudeness.
chibikaie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:07 PM   #1293
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

I have never gone shopping on this day. Good luck to you! Stay upright in the crush!
furnfins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #1294
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

heh was just kidding.

i walk my dogs at 5:55am every day. 6:30 im parking my car and jumping on my 6:40 bus into the city. There's absolutely nothing for sale in this life that would make me go crazy and compromise my sleep and family time. not even $1 rasboras
Old 11-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #1295
eeng168
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
heh was just kidding.

i walk my dogs at 5:55am every day. 6:30 im parking my car and jumping on my 6:40 bus into the city. There's absolutely nothing for sale in this life that would make me go crazy and compromise my sleep and family time. not even $1 rasboras
Hmmm, I remember my sleep was compromised when someone picked up me really early to get tanks from the school.
eeng168 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #1296
sunyang730
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeng168 View Post
hmmm, i remember my sleep was compromised when someone picked up me really early to get tanks from the school.
hum....

Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!
sunyang730 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #1297
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Tank plans aka long stupid post aka mts:

I really need to start finalizing what I want in my fish tanks- completely indecisive which leads to MTS but my total lack of money is taking a toll. I need to decide what fish I DO want, and which ones I dont- when I started the 72, I wanted so many guppies because they were pretty only to realize that I didn't like the way they worked in there. Now we are still trying to get rid of guppies, and guppy babies (anyone want some?). I get schools of fish because I like them, but for some reason or another, they just dont look good in my tank and for some reason- I just can't envision how different species would look. Glow lights were a fav. of mine- and still are but completely drab and not so active in the water. Thanks to Albert for taking most of my tetras.

I picked up a 20L so I could start having smaller fish to appreciate. And its great, I love the tank. Its small so its easily workable and theres so many things I'd like to do with it - proper scaping, proper co2, ferts, high lighting...but thats another investment that I shouldnt be taking on right now. I'm totally enjoying the fish in there, and the neos- not really seeing much baby shrimp grow up anymore leading me to.......

...wanting a shrimp tank again. I've got a 2.5 right now unheated with plants, filter, worms, crayfish, snails, you name it... its awesome. But its got CRAYfish in there... I can't have fancy shrimp! I am all ready to go buy a Spec V because Id be able to get it for $17 before tax. SHRIMP HEAVEN RIGHT? I know the perfect spot for it too, right on my bookshelf under the 2.5 and 3g deep blue. But thats 2 more outlets I need....

I've already mentioned on facebook, but there are (now 2) goldfish that Ive kept in a 20, desperately need an upgrade and I just have the perfect 40 for them. I could pick up a stand for $50 on petco.com today.... I have no filter... that will probably run me over $100 if I want a good canister for goldfish. Would be barebottom/no decor, and no lighting to cut down on costs. And I would not mind adding another canister to the 72 because it is overstocked.
Excited about this franks trip! and I dont really plan on buying spontaneous fish things because I obviously don't *need* anything but you know how it goes when you lay your eyes on that awesome thing you've forgotten about but now see in person. My last paycheck was about $400, and I have about $200 in sales transactions that I want to do in the next week.

I think I need to slow down.
VivaDaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:23 PM   #1298
kubalik
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (35/100%)

I hear you Viva. I'm kind of glad my wife isn't into this hobby, she is the only reason I don't have many tanks.My tank at home is overstocked too and 3 more gobies are coming from adi group order.... Good thing I kind of went all out and this 65 gals have 2 strong canister filters and plenty of plants and now lots of floaters ( where did this duckweed come from ?...lol)
so the fish look happy.
Anyways good luck slowing down

Last edited by kubalik; 11-23-2012 at 11:24 PM.. Reason: .
kubalik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 11:42 PM   #1299
eeng168
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Flo,

Same thing here...

50 planted tank is thriving looked boring because it's so big, wanted to start going smaller...so I have an Evolve 4 for shrimps, and a 2.5 nano community tank.

Now, I'm setting up 2 10 gallons to upgrade those both.

The Evolve 4 is nice but not the ideal size for a puffer or CPO tank...so now I'm thinking I need more 10 gallons.

Ughh...The dilemma.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #1300
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (55/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubalik View Post
My tank at home is overstocked too and 3 more gobies are coming from adi group order.... Good thing I kind of went all out and this 65 gals have 2 strong canister filters and plenty of plants and now lots of floaters ( where did this duckweed come from ?...lol)
so the fish look happy.
Anyways good luck slowing down
Haha I am also overstocking my tanks with the ADI order coming in... But I just bought a canister filter so I'm hoping it'll be okay :/

And I'm sure everyone understands how Flo's feeling... I also would like to "slow down", especially because I may be moving soon.. to another state! (maybe) /sigh
szenic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #1301
ptr
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

Where are you moving ?
ptr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 12:13 AM   #1302
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (55/100%)

I might be moving back to Colorado after my internship ends and I pass my exam, but it's all up in the air right now. It really depends if I get offered a job here, then I would stay 2 more years. But either way I'll be moving out of NY eventually.

I've thought about it a lot and actually was able to stop buying fish stuff/adding tanks for a couple months, but then we started having our little meets and I couldn't resist haha. I'm considering keeping my 40B and transporting it in a Uhaul, but not sure of all the logistics yet.
szenic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 01:39 AM   #1303
Mr. Limpet
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatfish View Post
I'm not trying to breed nothing. I'm wondering what will you get if you breed neons and cardinals.
Nardinals.
Mr. Limpet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 01:55 AM   #1304
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Bahhahaahaha

i thought it but you said it :P
Old 11-24-2012, 02:23 AM   #1305
eeng168
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Limpet View Post
Nardinals.
LOL...

I thought of neodinals, but decided to let it go.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.