General Chat - Talk about anything! - Page 36
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 10-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #526
aokashi
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congee View Post
or if you like durian, bring it to work. Unless of course, he likes it too.
I... prefer hobo to durian...
aokashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #527
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

An odd place to ask...but, I need to rehome my green cheeked conure pretty quickly- just wondering if anybody is interested. I'm selling him for half the retail price. Hes awesome, just got my own reasons : | Easy beginner parrot, tons of personality, but still comes with annoying parrot quirks! Message me?
VivaDaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:41 PM   #528
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Also peered into the big tank today and saw my female betta with her head above water. I have hanging planters at the water line and she was just poking the head out laying it on the hanger edge. Completely freaked me out thinking she was dead, tapped on the glass and she went right back in. What are you doing betta >: (
Old 10-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #529
SpecGrrl
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaDaWolf View Post
Also peered into the big tank today and saw my female betta with her head above water. I have hanging planters at the water line and she was just poking the head out laying it on the hanger edge. Completely freaked me out thinking she was dead, tapped on the glass and she went right back in. What are you doing betta >: (
I am in your aquarium, freaking you out with mind games.

Sincerely,

Psychological Researcher Masquerading as Betta
SpecGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #530
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

as long as he springs to life and fins arent clenched for extended periods of time, its just how some bettas are. i'm starting grow fond of more aggressive things in my tank. dunno if its just me getting bored of shrimp. to me they seem like perpetual gardeners always mowing your lawn... ALWAYS mowing your lawn... always mowing YOUR LAWN.... lol

occassionally ill drop food just to get a good shrimp ball/brawl happening but they go back to gardening afterwards. i wish they had another hobby...

V. good luck on rehoming your conure. they are awesome birds. I rescued a newborn cockatiel back in 1998 in the dead of winter. it was a basement breeder who got evicted and ended up posting "last day for birds" on yahoo classifieds. i dunno why i clicked that ad since i wasnt looking for birds and had no interest but i did anyway. i went to jamaica avenue on a snowy december night to get this guy in a shoe box with a baggie of seed and no feathers on his head. Today he's now living with my uncle in New Jersey whistling london bridges falling down, the only song i managed to teach him. Spunky guys that are super affectionate. He just wasnt too fond of my guinea pigs at the time, but thats a tale for another day...
Old 10-17-2012, 05:42 PM   #531
aokashi
Wannabe Guru

i love the ghosties sonic path gave me. they can smell food from miles away and scurry around frantically looking for it they also use my betta as a stepping stone when swimming around the tank
Old 10-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #532
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

I would love a conure but I've been turned off birds by my anti social budgies... They are just a loud chore and I am strongly considering re-?homing them to someone who just wants eye candy (they are both very pretty). They bite, fly away and only approach (sort of) for food. Plus my whole family is terrible with birds! (3 escapes, 2 cats) forget to feed when I'm away, etc.
RAOK Club #31

The Fraternity of Dirt #96

Looking for free easy trimmings. (Pennywort, moss, terrestrial, aquatic, emersed, etc) So PM me maybe.

My tanks-->http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=187460
Robotponys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #533
Robotponys
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

eww foot powder... Nasty!
RAOK Club #31

The Fraternity of Dirt #96

Looking for free easy trimmings. (Pennywort, moss, terrestrial, aquatic, emersed, etc) So PM me maybe.

My tanks-->http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=187460
Robotponys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #534
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

There's a big difference between hand raised and wild caught. Mind would walk around my computer desk when I used to play starcraft... If you trim their flight feathers, they are less likely to take off and crash into stuff. You can also train them to bathe and do tricks. Birds are in many ways more interesting than shrimp.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #535
aokashi
Wannabe Guru

get a hand reared baby they warm up to you much better. speaking of which. I have some photos of the super tame wild rainbow lorikeets back home in Australia...
Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #536
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowKitty49 View Post
I'm really tempted by this bird. Especially after looking up a lot of info and finding out they live 20+ years!! We wanted to get a dog but it's way too much responsibility and we'd never be able to go anywhere, so a very social awesome cuddly bird with slightly less responsibility would probably be a better choice.

I'm tired of crying over pets that die after 2-3 years. :<

Kitty, lemme know if you really are, i can tell you more bout him. Youd be a good owner, and i really dont want to resort to CL. They can live 40+ years. but umm...hes still a responsiblity. I feed him expensive pellets, freshly prepared vegfruits, sometimes i cook my own beangrain mix which is a complete diet as well.
Hes a gcc which are known for being cute douchebags, and he can indeed be a douchebag. Lol, he is cuddly though, i love picking him up, petting him, zooming around with him like an airplane.
Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #537
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Also someone is hiring me to clean their tank..i git some q on how to approach this...lets just say..high ammonia..and nitrate test was the reddest it would go. Im thiniing bout buying the eheim gravelvac because...puke..

Anyone used it? Hmm..
Old 10-18-2012, 02:19 AM   #538
aokashi
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Also someone is hiring me to clean their tank..i git some q on how to approach this...lets just say..high ammonia..and nitrate test was the reddest it would go. Im thiniing bout buying the eheim gravelvac because...puke..

Anyone used it? Hmm..
Is anything living in there????
Old 10-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #539
cprash
Keeper of Pencilfish

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cprash

Quote:

Anyone used it? Hmm..
Sounds like a wonderful candidate for drain and bleach.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:33 AM   #540
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:

Anyone used it? Hmm..
Geez. What aokashi said. Is there even a filter on the tank?
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote