DI Resin Canister Filled With DI Resin Beads
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Aquasafe Water Filtration Systems

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
Aquasafe
Sponsor

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to Aquasafe
Smile

DI Resin Canister Filled With DI Resin Beads

D.I. Resin Canister Filled With D.I. Resin Beads
An Aquasafe upgraded DI Resin Canister boasting improved convenience and appearance. Filled with 6 oz of high-quality DI Resin Beads. 100 GPD DI Resin Water Filtration for approximately 4 months.
$13.99
Aquasafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm curious about these, it says on the site "This stage will also increase the PH of your drinking water to an alkaline state between 7.4 and 8 PH.". What if I don't want my pH raised, do I have to use these canisters? If I ran the system with all but those, would it still be pure water with a lower pH?

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
Aquasafe
Sponsor

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to Aquasafe
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeToChKn View Post
I'm curious about these, it says on the site "This stage will also increase the PH of your drinking water to an alkaline state between 7.4 and 8 PH.". What if I don't want my pH raised, do I have to use these canisters? If I ran the system with all but those, would it still be pure water with a lower pH?
Hi there,

The level of PH out of the system without the DI Canisters will more than likely be neutral in charge, 7.0 PH

You can run the system without DI Canisters. The canisters will make the water alkaline to that of between 7.5 and 8.6 which is the healthy level. If you'd like to use the canisters but don't want to have alkaline water, you'll want to add a buffer that can be found at any local Aquarium Supply store (and if we get more questions like yours, eventually direct from us )

Thanks for your inquiry! Please let us know if we can help you further.

Best Regards,
Dan w/ Aquasafe

PS - Don't forget to enter our contest for a chance to win an Aquarium II or Maximus II System!
Aquasafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Thanks for the answer. I wonder if peat in the chambers would then help lower the pH. I keep crystal shrimp and would prefer a lower pH water over a higher pH as the higher the pH, the more it makes my active soil work.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
di beads, di resin beads, di resin canister, reverse osmosis beads, reverse osmosis filters, reverse osmosis systems, ro systems, ro/di, ro/di system, ro/di systems