So Iphone 5 Whose getting it? - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 09-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #76
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpedout View Post
Lol until Apple decides to make the screen bigger again and then all the sudden it's the greatest ever.

That's how its always been. Android leads then the apple users always naysay it until apple follows suit.

Samsungs commercial is nothing but truth.

---
Get shrimped out!
If the screen gets bigger, I'll stick with the 5. We aren't all crazed line-waiting fanatics that get the newest phone as soon as it comes out. I skipped a gen for this one. That commercial isn't the truth because I for one didn't wait in a stinking line. It's an over generalization. By the way, I prefer PCs to Macs.

That's not how it's always been...which came 1st? Hmmm.....

Besides, why does it matter if people do wait in a line? Why does it matter if someone has the biggest screened phone? It's not hurting anyone. Live and let live. Is it hurting anyone that I love my new phone? Nope. It's something I use every day and it works great for what it does.

If the newest thing comes out for Droid, you'll probably get it too. What's the difference? I'm not gonna judge. Even better, I'm not going to bring my pro-Iphone opinion into a thread about "hey, who's getting the new Droid phone gadget thing?"

I could say you're the typical Droid fanboi - Apple sux blah!, but I'm not stooping to that level. You like what you like.
Eheim pimp #255

55 gallon semi-aggressive community tank, 13.3 gallon cherry shrimp tank 12 long reef
12G Rimless Club
if_fishes_were_wishes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #77
temple2101
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkan0228 View Post
How do you guys like the battery life? I've read both good and bad reviews.
So far so good for me. 54% remaining after 13 hours of use today. A few calls, web surfing on WiFi and LTE, a bit of gaming, etc... I wouldn't call it heavy use for the day, but it didn't sit in my pocket and never come out.
temple2101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #78
shrimpedout
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Android just has more function. You can even replace your own battery.

And waiting in line for a phone is ridiculous, sure live and let live but it doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

---
Get shrimped out!
shrimpedout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 02:58 AM   #79
lpsouth1978
Algae Grower

Personally, I think the Android vs. Iphone war is STUPID. I have used both and can honestly say that I HATED the Android. Bring on the nay sayers calling me ignorant or an isheep or whatever you want say. I am not a Mac person and own only one apple product - my phone.

I don't think either phone is PERFECT, but the Apple iOS is SOOOOOOOO much more user friendly. I could never figure out how that stupid android worked! Does that mean I will never have an Android phone in the future? No, but not anytime soon.

Whether you like Apple or not, the Iphone is a GREAT phone and does everything I need it to and more.
lpsouth1978 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #80
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

My phone functions just fine. Battery replacement has never been an issue with my past iPhones.

Jailbreaking is easy and gives plenty of functionality. Even without jailbreaking, it's suits me just fine.

Other companies would kill to have people waiting in lines like that. If any other company has a product that inspires such a turnout, good for them. Me, I wouldn't ever do it,but others do...shoot, it was like a big street party in China (read that somewhere).
Eheim pimp #255

55 gallon semi-aggressive community tank, 13.3 gallon cherry shrimp tank 12 long reef
12G Rimless Club
Old 09-24-2012, 03:00 AM   #81
temple2101
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Android just has more function (FOR ME). You can even replace your own battery (WHICH I CARE ABOUT, BUT OTHERS DO NOT)

And waiting in line for a phone is ridiculous, sure live and let live but it doesn't mean it's not ridiculous.

---
Get shrimped out!
See edits above.
temple2101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 03:30 AM   #82
MABJ
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (12/100%)

I don't know a single person in my life who has waited in line for an iPhone.

I've had both, and I can say I like my iPhone better for a lot of reasons.

I have better battery life. Sure, on android I can see exactly what is using my battery, but it doesn't help because I still want to use those things.

I have different screen clarity.. It may Not be this way any more, but my android device did not have the best screen. It scratched easy and its picture wasn't the best.

For my eyes, apple stuff doesn't make my head hurt. Call me crazy, but soft rounded edges, defined borders and organization make me a happy camper. So while I miss widgets a lot, it is nice to be able to just have order on my phone. Or even just ask siri to do things for me.

I don't know about other people, but I feel like there is always some button on androids/not iPhone phones that gets easily pressed that makes a 'Please say a command' and it is annoying as heck.

I like the smaller size of my iPhone, while I still enjoy the weight. I like a solid phone. Most droids and iPhones stack up well in the weight category, but size? Advantage iPhone.

That's just a take from my world, but another person can be completely opposite. I don't know why it's a debate over who is better rather than a subjective take.

From MABJ's iPhone
2G Fluval Spec ~ fauna and flora in the works!

New to shrimp? Need help? Check out these threads:
|Essential tools to buy|List of inverts|Sage advice|

Mark A Belcher Junior, a proud member of the DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 07:02 PM   #83
shrimpedout
Planted Member

Just read a report that said you probably won't be able to use third party adapters for your iphone. That's Apple for ya!

---
Get shrimped out!
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #84
syzygy9
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
It's sold out. The battery life on this thing is pretty amazing.

I'll agree. Itunes is junk on Windows but works great on os X. I have a sneaky suspicion microsoft wrote a little hidden app into windows called .killItunes.exe
Agreed! My wife bought the 4S and asked me to set it up. Neither of us had ever had an iproduct, but i figured that millions of ppl do and I'm pretty tech savy so it should be easy. I couldn't even install itunes. After an hour on hold and dealing with various reps a very put out sounding 20 something tech person tells me that of course itunes doesn't support 64bit WinXP.

Within an hour I'd downloaded a Microsoft database editing software and manually edited the itunes executable to not check my OS and it installed fine. Basically, its a problem any of their software engineers could fix during their lunch break, but they would rather alienate a subset of PC users instead.
syzygy9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #85
shrimpedout
Planted Member

Itunes once deleted nearly every song in my collection after an update. Which was about 8000 songs.

---
Get shrimped out!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #86
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Dude, now you're trolling. Please go. You'll find no friends in this IPHONE thread, why bother?

I've never had an iTunes issue. Sounds like a carbon-based (user) error.
Eheim pimp #255

12G Rimless Club
Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #87
shrimpedout
Planted Member

I'm not trolling. It actually happened. Sorry if you don't wanna believe iTunes can mess up, but it does. The only error I made was not backing up my music before the update.

So dude, try not to take what I say so personally.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:28 AM   #88
jkan0228
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (113/100%)

Quote:
I'm not trolling. It actually happened. Sorry if you don't wanna believe iTunes can mess up, but it does. The only error I made was not backing up my music before the update.

It actually gives you a pop up advising you to backup your iPhone or whatever device before updating your software...
jkan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 03:31 AM   #89
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:

But, dude, you have nothing positive to say to people perfectly happy with their choice of phone.

Like I said - carbon-based error - YOU did not back up your music - and that's iTunes' fault?

Start an Android fanboi thread. I will be nice enough to stay out of it.

Anyways, I love mine so far. It is incredibly fast - the internet is blazingly quick in loading stuff. I get a better signal now in places where it was crap before. The camera comes up so much faster than my 4 and it takes awesome pictures.
Eheim pimp #255

12G Rimless Club
Old 09-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #90
In.a.Box
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

The iPhone 6 is coming out next year.

Not a fan of apple.
In.a.Box is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.