So Iphone 5 Whose getting it? - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 09-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #46
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Over the years, Apple has masterfully honed its marketing skills to somehow sell more and more iPhones each year.

Although each iPhone update does come with changes to its hardware, some people just take the company's word for it.

On Wednesday, the company took the covers off of its latest cash cow, the iPhone 5. And as expected, floods of pre-orders came rolling through, nabbing all of Apple's initial supply in less than an hour.

But just how many of these pre-orders are from iPhone 4S owners who no longer appreciate their device? As Jimmy Kimmel puts it, each new Apple iPhone release seems to make current iPhones look worthless and obsolete.

To test just how powerful Apple's new iPhone marketing effects are, Kimmel's team took to the streets of Los Angeles to ask citizens to test out the new iPhone. Only, it was an old iPhone, two generations old to be exact. The iPhone 5 hasn't even shipped out to the masses yet.

Although Kimmel states the test was used with the current iPhone 4S, a closer inspection will reveal it was actually an iPhone 4. (You can tell by the marking located next to the audio jack) Despite holding a piece of two year-old technology, many described the "new" iphone 5 as faster, lighter and even bigger. What's worse is that many of the people interviewed own an iPhone 4S themselves.

http://youtu.be/rdIWKytq_q4

Funny that people with an iPhone 4S in their hands, are comparing it to a iPhone 4 that they think is a 5, and the placebo effect takes over and they think the 4 is faster, brighter, bigger, lighter. lol.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #47
mistergreen
No more Bow ties

PTrader: (13/100%)

I hear they run on a real 4g network unlike the previous version. Watch your data plan because downloads are 10x faster and you might not notice
mistergreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:15 PM   #48
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

I still have my unlimited plan - I'll never let that go! I only use about 2gb a month tho, I hear they throttle at 5gb, but I'll never hit that anyways.
Eheim pimp #255

55 gallon semi-aggressive community tank, 13.3 gallon cherry shrimp tank 12 long reef
12G Rimless Club
if_fishes_were_wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:43 PM   #49
Fdsh5
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (43/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by if_fishes_were_wishes View Post
I still have my unlimited plan - I'll never let that go! I only use about 2gb a month tho, I hear they throttle at 5gb, but I'll never hit that anyways.
Exactly why I refuse to switch mine. It would cost me more in the end to switch
Fdsh5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #50
Edub
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Just got my iphone preordered at best buy, hopefully they'll have enough shipped to them Friday for me to take one home with me. The suspense is killing me.

They should have a rule if you have a 4s you go to the back of the line. The 4s is still a great phone, I don't understand people who swap phones everytime Apple says "ta-dah!" My phone hasn't worked even with 3g in over a year now, I've been paying for my unlimited data and texting plan because ATT doesn't offer it anymore and I don't wanna give it up. Can't wait to actually use a smartphone again.
Edub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #51
MABJ
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)

I also have the old unlimited. Heck I don't want to get rid of that. Is that a requirement for the new iPhone?

I won't be updating because I just got the 4S 8 months ago.

When I get a new 2 year upgrade, I get a new phone. The 4s was my first iPhone and I love it.

So in another 18 months I'll have a new phone, probably another iPhone, as I have an iPad and an iMac. Call me a fanboy or whatever, because I simply do not understand tech specs.

All I know is all the androids and PCs I used don't compare to the functionality of and universality between apples products.

I write a note on my iMac? It is on my iPhone.. Calendar? I write something in on my iPhone at the drs office, it is on the Mac. I'm a journalist. It is nice to have my picture notes immediately on all my platforms, same with my pages documents. All it takes is one click and I can open them on another device.

I liked android better for customization, but jailbreaking pretty much turns your iPhone into a restoreable android.

From MABJ's iPhone
2G Fluval Spec ~ fauna and flora in the works!
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #52
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

Getting a new Iphone to me is worth it because: I can't download the app's I want. I don't have Siri. I love the new maps (3gs is supposed to barely work). The camera is amazing. (same as before, but the front facing camera is better, the 3gs doesn't even have it). The screen is longer, which will make watching videos a lot easier, the battery life is insane, and its the newest thing out there.

Its totally worth it IMO to get the new iphone, if you have the 3gs. Since I have the 3gs, I can't wait to get rid of it. My Iphone literally creaks if you play video games because of the plastic. Its like 100% plastic and feels like it is going to break.

Now to get the money...

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #53
Markahsf
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (12/100%)

I love iPhones! I've had one since the very first one was released. I got tired of having the same phone as everyone else so I decided to get the galaxy S3 and it's probably the best decision I've ever made.

I put an aftermarket battery in that lasts about 3-4 days and I have a 64gb micro sd card for my music. I never understood why apple never allowed for a replaceable battery or sd card slot.

I loved the iPhone for its simplicity and it will always be a great piece of equipment but I'm not too impressed with the specs in comparison with the GS3. Still a great phone though!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.
Markahsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #54
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (231/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmon View Post
what the heck is an iphone?
LOL!

Im good with talk and text Nokia X2 no internet access, no iphone. I dont need that. Just the basic text and talk and Im happy with it. No extra bills monthly.
herns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #55
mach_six
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

I already have the 4s so I'm going to wait for the iPhone 10.

mach_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #56
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)

I pre-ordered mine the first day. I've had every single iphone starting with the first one...been in it since the beginning.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #57
shrimpedout
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

iphones haha.. get one? Never. There are much nicer phones out.

---
Get shrimped out!
shrimpedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM   #58
HX67
Planted Member

Have done great without one before.

A new phone is under consideration, though...
Go figure.

planethx

"I think we can make a buck on it so let's kill it."
HX67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #59
shrimpedout
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
I pre-ordered mine the first day. I've had every single iphone starting with the first one...been in it since the beginning.
Poor guy

---
Get shrimped out!
shrimpedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #60
Rainer
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Windows phone - the Saab of the smartphone world.