any plant geeks in indy?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Indiana

Old 04-10-2005, 10:35 PM   #1
emurray
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

any plant geeks in indy?

Just looking for some fellow plant people to trade/but cuttings from and possibly some local fish breeders.

A lot of the LFS in the area leave a lot to be desired.
emurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2005, 01:58 AM   #2
lbsfarms
Planted Member

PTrader: (13/100%)

Hi emurry, I'm from Terre Haute, that's about an hour from indy. Are you involved with the Circle City club? Lots of nice people to trade with there, I wish I were closer and could go to the meetings.
lbsfarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:25 AM   #3
emurray
Algae Grower

I haven't been to a meeting yet, but plan to go. From what I can gather on the club website, they seem to have a focus on fish, primarily cichlids, and not many plant people...

I also have a reef tank and am actively involved with the marine club here.

Thanks for the tip.

-Eric
Old 04-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #4
lbsfarms
Planted Member

I would be more than happy to swap plants with you. Shipping is quick and not too expensive to Indy. Is there anything in particular you are looking for?
Old 04-17-2005, 04:49 AM   #5
emurray
Algae Grower

Sorry for the delay...

I am looking for:

ludwigia spec cuba
glosso
riccia

Got any of these?

I don't really have anything to trade, but would be willing to pay cash and or pick up
Old 04-17-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
lbsfarms
Planted Member

That's ok because I reallly don't have any more room to put any plants. I can send you some riccia. PM me with your address and I'll put it in the mail to you. It shouldn't be more than $2 to send it.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:27 AM   #7
emurray
Algae Grower

PM has been sent.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:21 AM   #8
abnerdesign

I'm in Upland, IN and hope to make the next meeting in Indy. Can I can attend without being a member?

I recently set up a 55g and may have some cuttings to auction or trade.
abnerdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 01:33 AM   #9
Gardentoad
Algae Grower

I'm in Indianapolis. I'm just starting to get back into aquariums after about 8 years so I can't trade yet, unless pond plants intrest you.

It's probably been 15 years since I was a CCAC member, but you could attend a couple meetings before joining back then. You had to be a member to do the auctions though, something about not collecting taxes if I remember right.
I think I'll look into joining again.

Does the Indianapolis Aquarium Society still exist? I'm south side and they met way up north so I didn't attend their meetings very often.
Gardentoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #10
mickey85
Algae Grower

Send a message via AIM to mickey85

I went to the CCAC meeting last month, and I loved it. I'd like to join. I'm not much of a plant geek (only have one teeny planted tank), but I have the feeling that I will soon have a LOT of Ilyodon sp. goodeid fry for sale...
mickey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 03:35 PM   #11
JenThePlantGeek
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)
Send a message via AIM to JenThePlantGeek

Hey guys!

I'm one of the HAP (Horticulture Awards Program) Chairs for the CCAC. I'll try to clear up a few of your questions. I should have joined this forum sooner!

We do a lot of cichlids and livebears, but there are a growing number of plant geeks at the CCAC. We recently started the HAP and have seen great results. I know of at least a dozen people with planted tanks, and our other HAP chair Johnathan Dooley is a long time member of the AGA, runs a pond store, and is personal friends with Amano! There's pics on the website of him with Amano doing a plant tank setup demonstration while Jonathan was visiting Japan to buy koi. I'm a big plant geek myself, and I'm sure it'll only get better once I get out of the apartment I'm living in and get a more perminant place to set up shop! I recently bought an acrylic tank system from a pet store that was going out of business, very excited about getting that up and running.

As for the CCAC - you are free to attend the meetings without being a member, but you have to be a member to participate in the meeting auctions.

***The CCAC is hosting a public auction on April 30th that anyone can attend though. It is at the Holiday Inn in Beach Grove, IN (Emerson Ave. just off of 465 East). Registration begins at 8:00 am and the auction begins at 10:30. The split for sellers is 70/30 or for club members that work at least 4 hours it is 80/20. If you need directions or have any questions, our President Brian Lovins will help you out - 502-376-944.

Here's our homepage: http://circlecityaqclub.org/index.php

A year-long membership is $18 and that gets you access to a great newsletter, raffles and door prizes, monthly auctions, and an immense library. The membership is per household, for those of you lucky enough to have a significant other interested in this hobby.
JenThePlantGeek is offline   Reply With Quote