GCCA Parking Lot Swap - September 30th - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Illinois

Old 09-07-2012, 08:52 PM   #16
shinycard255
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
One hour before the doors open to the GCCA swap.
Only 1 hour?! What about the coffee and donut fest? I could bring coffee!
The Fraternity of Dirt #42
Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!
shinycard255 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 04:04 AM   #17
mitchfish9
Planted Tank Nation

PTrader: (3/100%)

Isn't GCCA the greater chicago cichlid association? Is it mainly plants now lol?
mitchfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 04:10 AM   #18
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchfish9 View Post
Isn't GCCA the greater chicago cichlid association? Is it mainly plants now lol?
YES, there are still al about Cichlids.

WE are just having our Meet & Greet in their parking lot.
If we could consistanly get everyone involved maybe some day we could even rent a small meeting room and have our own swap.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #19
mitchfish9
Planted Tank Nation

Quote:
YES, there are still al about Cichlids.

WE are just having our Meet & Greet in their parking lot.
If we could consistanly get everyone involved maybe some day we could even rent a small meeting room and have our own swap.
Haha good idea. I might take you up on that offer for the MTS i will let u know.

Thanks
mitchfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 04:16 AM   #20
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchfish9 View Post
Haha good idea. I might take you up on that offer for the MTS i will let u know.

Thanks
Happy to help you out, but seriously PM & remind me, I can promise I won't remember.
Old 09-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #21
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

WTS Tanks

- 5 tanks $50 for all. ***SOLD***

I have 4-20Ls that are drilled and currently capped. Caps can be removed to install stand pipes. I will include 1 hinged glass top. I've been using these as Plant Grow-out tanks and to raise Fry and Cherry shrimp and as emessed tanks. All are solid and hold water up to the rim.

They are not pretty brand new tanks fresh from the store. They are fish room tanks, they are great for what they are.

ALSO included is a fairly new 10gl NOT DRILLED

4- 20Ls wet after a rinse:

Showing a stand pipe, the other three capped simply by flipping the connections and using silicone on the cap. The stand pipe is capped under the tank. For a gasket I used a garden hose washer.

AND ***SOLD***

Finnex 4gl Nano 1 yr old. $50

I have this kit w/Black colored light:

http://www.amazon.com/T-4301SL-Finne...innex+aquarium

I'm including this 50w heater:
http://www.aquacave.com/Finnex-50W-H...P3135C133.aspx

Both New W/Shipping would be over $100.

The Finnex has 5% limo Glass tint film on the back that is removable for cleaning. I had this tank on y desk getting afternoon Sun with tinted back toward the window hand had zero Algae problems.

Also, I removed the "dainty" little Finnex HOB cartridges and use a 10PPI foam sponge I cut. i'm guess it's 300Xs more surface area. I have a pre filter foam also included if you want to keep shrimp.

Include but not in Pic is the Finnex HOB, I have it running on my Toxic Ten tank to keep the media alive. If I don't sell this at the Swap, I will be setting it up again.

The last pic shows me holding a white pc of paper in the tank. There are cleaning scratches. I don't find them noticeable when the tank is full. But they are evident when the tank is dry. If you are perfectionist....well....you probably wouldn't be looing at the a used tank anyway.

If your buy this tank and decide you don't want it when you see it , no worries and no hard feelings. My sales are PayPal prepaid and the tanks are sold with a final inspection option for 100% refund. But, please don't buy if you not 95% sure your are good with the condition as someone else might want the tanks.

Thanks,
Frank

Last edited by DogFish; 09-21-2012 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: content
Old 09-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #22
NoRemorse76
Algae Grower

What is the total height of the 4 gallon aquarium with the light attached?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
NoRemorse76 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #23
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRemorse76 View Post
What is the total height of the 4 gallon aquarium with the light attached?

With the light level 15.5"

The light rotates up at an angle and left to right with two adjustment nuts. The black plastic does nit feel hot due to the metal reflector in the light fixture. If it would be used in a book case I think 1" air space above the lamp would be wise.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #24
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

WTS

I'm building an Aquaponic system, hopefully it will be running by the weekend.

I bought a new media product called GrowStone made from recycled glass bottles a very Green Idea to say the least.

http://www.growstone.com/hydroponic-substrate/

I picked out the Pea to Cherry sized PCs as they would clog my drain pipe system. I'm going to try them in a HOB filter as they show great potential. The media is light as a feather and will float until is loads up with water. I broke one up and it's basically a sponge in structure. There are no sharp edges and I've already rinsed it.

If you'd like to try some, I'll offer enough to fill a USPS Sm flat rate box for $8.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #25
Chaoslord
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Sure. See anything I have you would want to trade for in plants,if not, ill take anyways give it a try.
EDIT;
Will not work for me risk of Ph swing.

Last edited by Chaoslord; 09-29-2012 at 01:04 AM.. Reason: EDIT
Chaoslord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

The only thing on my Trade List is Larger Sp. of Anubias. I'll be using them in my Goldfish tank

I see you are looking for some Ramshorns. I'm trying to breed a Blue Strain and a Reg/Gold Strain. I don't have adults available, but I'll add some mixed juveniles as a bonus for buying the Media. Might be a brown foot in there too.

Snails can lay several clutches of eggs from one mating, so one needs to cull hard to get true color breeding groups. Funny, when you want snails to reproduce they don't.

My PayPal is FSmego@Msn.Com
Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #27
NoRemorse76
Algae Grower

Thanks for the info. I have 13" under my 20 H that I am looking to fill with a quarantine tank. The 10 gallon I got from AA leaves me with an inch minus a light. Quite the pickle atm trying to decide what to do.

Old 09-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #28
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRemorse76 View Post
Thanks for the info. I have 13" under my 20 H that I am looking to fill with a quarantine tank. The 10 gallon I got from AA leaves me with an inch minus a light. Quite the pickle atm trying to decide what to do.

Do you have any skills? Disassemble the 10gl. Take it to a glass shop and have them cut it down the front, back & sides from 12" to 9" and have them polish the edges for you. Then silicone it all back together You can go rimless or reuse the bottom. I don't think you'll be able to get the top off without trashing the plastic.

4 cuts at a glass should should be maybe $10? You can polish the edges yourself with 100/150 to 200 gt sand paper but no one can do as good by hand as the glass shop grinder ube of silicone $10. Get the big tube for a caulk gun.

And you get all the Cool-Factor of DIY.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #29
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

***EVERYTHING SOLD***

ALL POTS ARE 4" Diameter.

Tub 'o' WatterLettuce should cover a 40B or would with a week. $8

Anubias Nana 5" rhizome on lava rock about 25 leaves $20 ***SOLD***

C. Wendtii 'Fla Sunset" leave did have an orange-pink tint during July with full Sun. I think in a high light CO2 tank the color would come out. $12
+ $1 if you want it in the Clay Pot with MTS....great if your going to grow it emersed.

Same plant underwater:

C. Keei - $18 + $1 if you want it in the Clay Pot with MTS....great if your going to grow it emerged. ***SOLD***

Tiger Lotus - I have 2 same size, I can't get the other out of the pond now. They have just started to send up floating leaves. Both $10

TRADES - Really only interested in Large Sp. of Anubias.

Last edited by DogFish; 09-30-2012 at 01:35 AM.. Reason: Updated
Old 09-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #30
NoRemorse76
Algae Grower

Quote:

Do you have any skills? Disassemble the 10gl. Take it to a glass shop and have them cut it down the front, back & sides from 12" to 9" and have them polish the edges for you. Then silicone it all back together You can go rimless or reuse the bottom. I don't think you'll be able to get the top off without trashing the plastic.

4 cuts at a glass should should be maybe $10? You can polish the edges yourself with 100/150 to 200 gt sand paper but no one can do as good by hand as the glass shop grinder ube of silicone $10. Get the big tube for a caulk gun.

And you get all the Cool-Factor of DIY.
Interesting.... hmm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.