pwolfe's 45-f (Rescape!!) - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #61
sayurasem
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)

HC needed some trimmings, mine even died on dry start because I didn't trim :0
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #62
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)

The HC is recoverable. Is there any fauna in the tank now that the betta is gone? If not, great, if so, remove them and then blast the CO2, up ferts, dose excel daily or every other day, and up the lighting. Trim dead growth with precision and be careful not to remove the green growth. If you do this you should see great results within a couple of weeks.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #63
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

I'll try to trim out the dead growth, I've already made the other adjustments you suggested. I think I'll just get another pot or two of hc and really give the brown areas a good cut
pwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #64
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

performed that trim of the browned areas, gave the remaining greenery a trim and replanted the trimmings. it already looks better. hopefully it'll bounce back. if not ill just order a few more pots. I refuse to give up on mastering hc!
Old 02-26-2013, 07:29 PM   #65
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

Ordered more araguaia from nicolg since the hydroctyle had choked out the majority. I'll post more pics once they adjust to submerged life.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #66
Knicolas
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Figured I'd ask my question on your thread and also bump it as well.

Awesome tank man. Makes me want to cut my tank in half and start a scape exactly like this.

Do you find the gush bubble similar to the poppy style? Also the 45f has the same exact dimensions of the mini-l except half the height. I noticed you have the inline diffuser as well and said you can see bubbles flowing out giving you and idea of the flow. How's your flow with this setup?

I also noticed in one of your pictures it looks like your outflow is connected by some zip tie?
Knicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #67
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicolas View Post
Figured I'd ask my question on your thread and also bump it as well.

Awesome tank man. Makes me want to cut my tank in half and start a scape exactly like this.

Do you find the gush bubble similar to the poppy style? Also the 45f has the same exact dimensions of the mini-l except half the height. I noticed you have the inline diffuser as well and said you can see bubbles flowing out giving you and idea of the flow. How's your flow with this setup?

I also noticed in one of your pictures it looks like your outflow is connected by some zip tie?
Thank you for the kind words.

the bubble style is exactly like the poppy, they both distribute the flow towards the surface and outward instead of down and out, creating a very mild flow. Honestly, I think the inflow created more flow than the outflow in this config. I'm running a 2213 at full blast in a 4.4g tank and my betta is still able to float in place in any area of the tank except maybe a inch away from the in/outflow, and even then he is able to get away from them with minimal effort. (note: I do have a sponge pre-filter as without it his fins would get sucked up)

As for the zip ties, they are there for piece of mind. The tubing is snug but another hobby of mine is water cooled pc's; let's just say I've seen the aftermath of unsecured tubing lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:32 AM   #68
Knicolas
Planted Member

So as you follow your co2 bubbles, they bounce from the front glass to the back glass a couple times before reaching the inflow?
Old 03-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #69
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

that is correct. I only mounted it this way because its a poppy style. I don't think a jet or Lilly style would have desirable results mounted this way
Old 03-10-2013, 06:44 AM   #70
Knicolas
Planted Member

Thanks for the info. I'm considering going back to poppy style thanks to your thread
Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #71
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

So My wife and I just moved into our new house. I had been spending so much time over here in the months and weeks leading up to its final phases of construction, the 45f really descended into swamp status.

So when I finally moved it over here I decided it was time for a rescape.

I used some seryu I had laying around, some branch wood pieces and came up with this.

Plants are s.repens, crypt ?, anubias petite nana, anubias micro, mini pelia, and I'm sure some flame moss migrated over.

I forget the name of the crypt. I bought the plants at petsmart because I was just eager to set something up and get it cycling for my betta asap. Anyone know the name of the smaller type crypt they sell as a tissue culture?

I'll post a few more shots later on, still unpacking and such! Also excited to finally get my 90p off the ground after staring at it dry for over 6 months.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #72
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

a few more before bed:

Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #73
sayurasem
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)

Amazing branch! Very nice!
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:34 AM   #74
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Very nice! Where did you get the stones?
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
CPDzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #75
pwolfe
Planted Tank Obsessed

I got the stones at ADG ages ago. They were never used. Just had em squirreled away. I have an epic piece of it, very dramatic, but way too large for this tank. another day, another scape =)