Plants melting
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 08-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #1
Jmlampert23
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Plants melting

I have some plants that are melting a little and some that are not. I just recently planted my tank. Is it normal for some leaves on some plants to melt right after they are planted in a different tank? I just seachem comp and a co2 liquid additive, small amount in the morning. Any help would be great.

My light is a t5-ho with a 67k and a color max bulb

Thanks
Jamie

Last edited by Jmlampert23; 08-13-2012 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Edit
Jmlampert23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2012, 12:26 AM   #2
beetea
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

It's pretty common for that to happen if the water parameters and light of the two tanks are different. They go through a period of adjustment to the new environment where they drop the old leaves and grow ones that better suit the current tank. In my experience, almost all plants come back.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that some plants melt more than others but as long as there are some leaves left, it should be photosynthesize and grow new leaves.
beetea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:07 AM   #3
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (232/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetea View Post
In my experience, almost all plants come back.
EDIT: Just wanted to add that some plants melt more than others but as long as there are some leaves left, it should be photosynthesize and grow new leaves.
I have the same experience with Myrio Tuberculatum Red. I got them in a bunch and they would hardly grow. Shedding lots of leaves and look like dying. A month or two passed and they adjusted my tank and grew even larger than the first time I bought them
herns is online now   Reply With Quote