Sump/overflow/return design question - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 08-07-2012, 01:14 AM   #31
Diana
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Air pump should add more air to the bio filter area, and air is about 20% oxygen, so yes, that would. Do not seal off the lid so tight the air will not escape, though. And that would allow CO2 to escape.
I think I would skip the bubbler.
Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #32
crazymittens
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hm, fair enough.

Just ordered the drill bits, bulkheads, and gravel, as well as some loc-line for my returns. Point of no return is back that way...somewhere.

The budget I'm tallying up is a little more than we'd anticipated (no local source for Black Diamond grit), but still on track.

What I'm thinking for the returns is they come out inside the overflow box, but the loc-line carrys them over and into the tank. If that doesn't work out (physically doesn't fit or whatnot), I'll go back to the original plan of boring through the overflow box, but still use loc-line to adjust the flow. Gives me more options, anyway.

Thanks for all the input, everyone - I will post updates in my tank thread (will link to it once created). This is starting to get a little off-topic.
crazymittens is offline   Reply With Quote