Updated updates.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Ahquatics.com

Old 07-28-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
A Hill
Sponsor

PTrader: (90/100%)
Send a message via AIM to A Hill

Updated updates.

I've got some good news, and some bad news.

Bad news. August 1 will not be launch date. I need to make $10,000 in sales aka sell out of my tools to get it to happen. This isn't a gimmick, plans unfortunately are changing as to how it'll happen.

Why?

I was in the hospital from July 3 to July 13. Then in a partial hospitalization program from the 17th to the 24th. So I'm about 15 days or so behind schedule and a bit behind on cash.

Why was I in there? I'm possibly Bipolar and had a hypomanic episode, where I actually came up with this idea. The problem is, I couldn't slow my brain down.

With that said, I'm getting back to normal and now relaxing with family at the beach for a week (and really want to make a sw planted aquarium...)

Not to give an emotional sales strategy, just trying to keep the honesty flowing, since it is something I'm extremely impassioned to be since Honesty truly is the best policy. Maybe not radical honesty but honesty in the right doses.

Anyways the good...

Free forceps summer continues. $50 order = free extra large pinsette.

$100 order = free priority shipping.

Launchrock page will be up on August 1st.

I'll have a bit of moss available at the end of july/beginning of august unless I use it myself...

Oh, and tool sales are going well. So I can't complain at all. The faster the tools sell the faster the developer will develop the product.

Hope everyone is doing awesomely.

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.

Last edited by A Hill; 08-03-2012 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: edited
A Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2012, 03:02 PM   #2
Crispino L Ramos
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (456/100%)

I could just imagine how difficult it must be to have a bipolar disorder. I hope your medications are helping well.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!

PTrader: (18/100%)

Andrew, best of luck in recovery, and with the strategizing of your new lineup.
Let me speak openly real quick about my knowledge of your products and competitors.
I know nothing. I need some aquatic tools, and you, ADA, GLA, and eBay all have a variety of tools that range drastically in price.
I've visited all these sites and nobody can really tell me why their tools are the best, or what justifies paying 500+% more for one brand over another. Descriptions on most of these sites are vague at best, so until someone can really "market" these tools to me, I will continue using my $5 manicure set.
I'm sharing my thoughts with you as a consumer, in hopes that you can possibly learn "how one of your potential customers is thinking". Hope this helps, and best of luck!

[50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]
bitFUUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #4
Aben314
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
Let me speak openly real quick about my knowledge of your products and competitors.
I know nothing. I need some aquatic tools, and you, ADA, GLA, and eBay all have a variety of tools that range drastically in price.
I've visited all these sites and nobody can really tell me why their tools are the best, or what justifies paying 500+% more for one brand over another. Descriptions on most of these sites are vague at best, so until someone can really "market" these tools to me, I will continue using my $5 manicure set.
I'm sharing my thoughts with you as a consumer, in hopes that you can possibly learn "how one of your potential customers is thinking". Hope this helps, and best of luck!
What he said ^
Aben314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispino Ramos View Post
I could just imagine how difficult it must be to have a bipolar disorder. I hope your medications are helping well.
Thanks! They are, and you know, life goes on

It is just another annoyance to deal with, that is all.

-Andrew

Rumford Aquatic's Tools selection. Best prices anywhere. Guaranteed! Every purchase supports me an entrepreneur studying at ASU.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
A Hill
Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aben314 View Post
What he said ^
So here is the difference in price, because I used to think the same way.

There is higher grade Stainless Steel which is much nicer, it cuts better, it doesn't flex, and gives more precise cuts.

If machined correctly they are much more precise while cutting and the forceps are less of a struggle to use but feel like a natural elongation of the hand. Same deal with scissors.

As far as price.

These items aren't cheap to make. Then every time a company touches them they triple in price or more.

ADA is about 500% markup.

Ebay usually 300% at least and if from asia 500% or more since they're low quality generally.

Mine are affordable because I want them to be. I bring them in directly form a manufacturer over seas and sell them at about 100% markup to cover shipping and expenses and make a bit of money. Yet, I've given up making lots of money on these, I want them in the hobby and that is why I do it.

The quality is comparable with ADA from when the AZAPE group has had tools to compare side by side. Some scissors are less quality because ADA has better quality control but for practical purposes it doesn't matter. Especially when paying 1/3 the price.

Overall, I have great tools at great prices because I'm not trying to make a lot of money. Others may have great tools at higher prices because they want a better margin and those with lower prices are likely lesser in quality.

Sincerely,
-Andrew