Anyone from/near spacecoast? Brevard?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 10-12-2008, 11:50 PM   #1
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Anyone from/near spacecoast? Brevard?

Hey, just checking if there are any people from the spacecoast/brevard area on these forums. If you are post where your from.
MikeP_123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Sandman333
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Sandman333 Send a message via MSN to Sandman333

Hey, I'm from Satellite Beach and going to school at UCF (Orlando). I find myself driving between the two every couple of weekends.
Sandman333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Cool, sorry for the late response, Forgot about this thread.... If we can get a few more people we could have a little trade circle going around! That would be pretty sweet!
Old 10-27-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
tinah
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm in Cocoa. I'd love to get a trade circle going!!! Let me know if you're interested!
tinah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #5
Sandman333
Algae Grower

Nice, I have some extra christmas moss on a coconut shell cave, along with giant hygro, ludwigia repens? and probably some water sprite. Does anyone have dwarf sag or some kind of short grassy plant they would trade? I am also looking for a breeding pair of some smallish nice fish (dwarf cichlids?) for my 18 gallon tank.

I have an almost mint 25 foot Python up for trade too.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
MikeP_123
Planted Tank Enthusiast

good to hear another person in brevard! Im on Merritt Island BTW

LOL 25' Python...WTH!!! lol. Bet it eats a lot.

Anyway. Trading circle is initiated! I am currently breeding gold rams and if any survive I could trade you a few no prob. The parents look pretty nice, especially the male. It will be a little while though since they just started hatching today.

As for plants I pretty much just have a lot of wisteria (Hygrophila difformis) if interested.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:51 AM   #7
Sandman333
Algae Grower

The python isn't nearly as hungry as it is thirsty, but it can still eat alot. http://www.drsfostersmith.com/produc...fm?pcatid=3910

I am DEFINITELY interested in the gold rams, I think they are exactly what I was looking for. Keep us updated on their growth.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
tinah
Algae Grower

I've got a pair of kribs that are in the process of making babies right now! I'd be happy to get rid of them once they grow. Although, the last group didn't make it so well. My plants are lacking at the moment and i'd love some christmas moss. If you want to sell some, let me know!! I'm gonna have a ton of feeder guppies here soon. I'm running a little experiment breeding them with endler/guppy mixes to see what kind of colors I can get out of them. I will be over run with them soon. So, if anyone needs some well cared for feeders or just wants some very colorful guppy mutts, then let me know!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
tinah
Algae Grower

BTW, I posted in the lounge but will post it here too. The Fish Store in Rockledge is going out of business. They're selling off their tanks. They're selling a 20 gallon with a glass top and filter for $20 if anyone needs one.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
rbielefeld

Hi, I am in Sebastian, Indian River County. Obviously not Brevard, but close enough I hope. I am just getting into planted tanks. I have had other tanks for years, but I am just starting my first planted version. If anyone has any plants or fish they are willing to sell at reasonable prices that would be great as I do not have anything to trade. Yet.
rbielefeld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2008, 03:44 AM   #11
Sandman333
Algae Grower

tinah, kribs are pretty sweet. I'm not sure if I should do rams or kribs, I'll make that decision once you guys have had successful broods.
I don't have too much christmas moss right now, but I can spread it out in my tank to grow it faster. I think my coconut shell was already claimed through a private message.

rbielefeld, I would love to give you some clippings from all of my plants. If you ever find yourself heading to East Orlando or Satellite Beach, let me know. They aren't worth making a dedicated trip for, but if you're already heading here it'll be cool.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #12
rbielefeld

Sandman, thanks for the offer. I am not sure when I will be heading that way. I will keep you in mind and I really do appreciate your willingness to let me have some cuttings.
rbielefeld is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #13
tinah
Algae Grower

Sandman, I've got baby kribs. They seem to be doing quite well and they are in the tank with mom and dad only at this point (they were beating everyone else up) I'll let you know when they are ready.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
Sandman333
Algae Grower

That's great tinah!

Just yesterday I was giving someone some christmas moss and saw that he had a tank of kribs, so I got 3 juveniles. Are yours standard kribs or a different coloration? Depending what they look like I may be interested anyway.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:05 AM   #15
tinah
Algae Grower

Honestly i don't know. They were given to me and I don't know much about kribs just some general info. This is a picture of mom and dad...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3...P1010002-3.jpg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.