College Station Area Water info? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 09-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #16
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Doesn't hard water imply that the GH is high? We have very low GH which is why we have strange water. Very soft, but high PH and KH. I've lived here for 12 years. Soap does indeed take forever to rinse. I'm so used to it though. Now when i go to other cities with truly hard water, I feel like I didn't use enough soap because it rinses so fast. Lol
bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
BoxxerBoyDrew
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

Yep a bar of soap should last Yall a year maybe more!

Our water in the suburb of Waco I have lived in for the last 6 years is a bit strange too! Ph is 8-8.8 depending on the time of day, and the Kh is usually 19*+, but the Gh is 2-3*.

But less than 5 miles down the road where we rented a Duplex for 10years has a Ph of 8.2-9, Kh 20*+, and a Gh of 14*+!

I know here in Woodway our water is 100% from Lake Waco, but I guess in Hewitt it is mixed with well water??? Like I said the 2 places are less than 5 miles apart and on the exact same road, even though if ya go left off of 84 it is Hewitt Dr and if ya go right it is Estates Dr.!!! CRAZY

In Hewitt the water was PERFECT for Rift Lake Cichlids, but now when I set up another Rift Lake Cichlid tank I will have to buffer the GH! But at least we OWN (or will in 24 more years!!!) the place where we are now and not just pi$$ing money out the window like we were in the duplex!

Yall have a GREAT FALL in AGGIE LAND!!!! GIG EM AGGS!!!
Drew

p.s. Aggs kicked the he!! out of SMU!!!! WHOOP!!!
BoxxerBoyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:46 AM   #18
bobc4d
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

it is good to see so many other CS residents here. I just got into the hobby in March, I have a 36g bow front tank

hardness is <25 mg/l CACO3 (very soft water)
the pH run 8.2 - 8.5
alkalinity 300-450
sodium runs about 200 ppm

the temperature of the water out of the ground is 115F and generally runs about 92F leaving the water plant during the summer, 85F during the cooler months. the aquafer is the Simsboro Sands and is 3,000 ft under ground
bobc4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:25 AM   #19
JasterMake
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default College Station Area Water info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobc4d View Post
it is good to see so many other CS residents here. I just got into the hobby in March, I have a 36g bow front tank

hardness is <25 mg/l CACO3 (very soft water)
the pH run 8.2 - 8.5
alkalinity 300-450
sodium runs about 200 ppm

the temperature of the water out of the ground is 115F and generally runs about 92F leaving the water plant during the summer, 85F during the cooler months. the aquafer is the Simsboro Sands and is 3,000 ft under ground

Bobc4d,

Thanks for the info.

This is what water looks like in the BCS area. This is from the College Station report or Bryan I forgot. But it doesn't matter. It's all the same even in Wickson.

JasterMake is online now   Reply With Quote