Aquatic Gardeners of Florida - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #31
Borikuan
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCentral View Post
sorry I don't have a bigger place, I suppose if you guys want to go someplace else, that's not really in my control. I really appreciated everyone for coming out and was in the process of making things better for the next meet.
I have absolutely no issue going back to your place , none.
Borikuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #32
artega
IR1

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaCentral View Post
sorry I don't have a bigger place, I suppose if you guys want to go someplace else, that's not really in my control. I really appreciated everyone for coming out and was in the process of making things better for the next meet.
With out actually talking with someone face to face it's sometimes hard to tell if one is upset or not just by reading their text, but it seems you're upset that a couple of us offered to host a get together after everybody went to your place for the first time. I don't think anybody was trying to be negative towards you or say they need to be held somewhere else. Had I not been on vacation, I would have offered up my place when you were still planning the first one. I for one meant no disrespect about offering to hold all or some here at my house, I have a lot of room here and ample parking and I am just saying it would be no problem what so ever to hold them here if it would help things to be smoother/easier.

If your place is anything like I am thinking, parking in downtown Orlando can be an issue for people if you live in a condo because of allocated spots and limited space. Damn near everything in downtown Orlando can be a pain in the rear for parking :-).
Old 07-16-2012, 12:30 AM   #33
demonr6
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

No issues here either. Its more of allowing others who want the opportunity to host have a chance as well. Heck I wish I could host, I have the room sort of but my animals (dogs & cats) make it prohibitive. So long as we don't meet in the back broom closet of a McDonald's I am fine. I enjoyed being surrounded by tanks, makes me wish I had a dedicated fish room.
The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

My Finnex 4 Tank Journal-RETIRED 20L Rimless Journal-started 12-20 55L Journal-NEW 06-12

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #34
demonr6
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by artega View Post
If your place is anything like I am thinking, parking in downtown Orlando can be an issue for people if you live in a condo because of allocated spots and limited space. Damn near everything in downtown Orlando can be a pain in the rear for parking :-).
Heh, now that you mention it the parking lot patrol left me a note on my car. I replied with "If I ever catch you touching my car I will break your fingers." and left it on the fence.
I'm dirty

My Finnex 4 Tank Journal-RETIRED 20L Rimless Journal-started 12-20 55L Journal-NEW 06-12

Old 07-17-2012, 02:26 PM   #35
mattycakesclark
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

I am up for it too. I have to combine a few tanks, so I probably need to thin plants. Nothing special, but better to you all rather than the compost heap.
I live in north deltona, so Orlando is cool. I have a big yard, but cluttered house at the moment. Orlando would probably be the better option and more central. There are a few LFS up here, mainly reef, and rather small, so maybe a meeting at a shop would be cool, but the options up here are not as good.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #36
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!

PTrader: (16/100%)

AquaCentral had a wonderful place and was more than kind to host the first gathering. I don't think anyone has any problems with a meeting there again. But I do like the idea of changing the meetings so we can see other people's setups too.
Just my 2 cents.

[50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]
bitFUUL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #37
AquaCentral
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/83%)

I'm all for a rotating schedule if other people WANT to have it. I just don't want anyone thinking I was doing this as a chore or that I felt obligated. As for parking, someone has permanently parked a huge alligator trap out here, so I don't think a few cars for an afternoon is a real problem. I loved having other tank nerds over at my place ^_^
AquaCentral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #38
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!

Not at all! We realize it wasn't an obligation. What if anyone who attends a meeting pays $2-3 dues to the person hosting (to help cover drinks, snacks, or other inconveniences). Whatcha think guys?

Last edited by bitFUUL; 07-17-2012 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Yup
Old 07-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #39
Borikuan
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
Not at all! We realize it wasn't an obligation. What if anyone who attends a meeting pays $2-3 dues to the person hosting (to help cover drinks, snacks, or other inconveniences). Whatcha think guys?
I like this... Im bringing some extra stuff for the next one, and proceeds can benefit the host.
Borikuan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #40
AquaCentral
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/83%)

or we could each bring a 2 liter or something. it was more of a swap than an actual sale, which helped diversify my stock anyways. I say contribute what you can.
AquaCentral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 PM   #41
artega
IR1

PTrader: (1/100%)

I am all for being in a local club and getting to know fellow fish and plant keepers that are local, my problem would be the going to different houses to meet up. I would not be able to do that due to my health conditions, which is why I offered my place as a consistent place to meet up. If you knew me better you would understand where I am coming from when I say I would not be able to go to a new place every time we meet. I am medically unable to work or drive for that matter due to one of the conditions I have.

I am interested in some more live plants. I don't remember who it was that has alot of plants (AquaCentral maybe) so I will direct this to all of you lol, but I could use some ideas on some plants for my tanks if you would be so kind as to throw out some ideas as I am a newcomer to live plants. If you have extra I would gladly pay you for some. I can provide pics of the tanks or if you wanted to you could come by the house and look at our setups then give me some ideas.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 PM   #42
demonr6
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitFUUL View Post
or at least get a list prior to the meeting going so ppl can bring something.
I'm dirty

Old 07-17-2012, 08:46 PM   #43
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artega View Post
I am all for being in a local club and getting to know fellow fish and plant keepers that are local, my problem would be the going to different houses to meet up. I would not be able to do that due to my health conditions, which is why I offered my place as a consistent place to meet up. If you knew me better you would understand where I am coming from when I say I would not be able to go to a new place every time we meet. I am medically unable to work or drive for that matter due to one of the conditions I have.

I am interested in some more live plants. I don't remember who it was that has alot of plants (AquaCentral maybe) so I will direct this to all of you lol, but I could use some ideas on some plants for my tanks if you would be so kind as to throw out some ideas as I am a newcomer to live plants. If you have extra I would gladly pay you for some. I can provide pics of the tanks or if you wanted to you could come by the house and look at our setups then give me some ideas.
Hey artega, we'd love to come out to your place. Again, if people are good with sometime on the weekend of August 11-12, let us know when you're available.

As far as plants go, AquaCentral has got some great plants. Lots of stems especially. If you're looking for some foreground/midground plants, I'm growing the following: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh....php?p=1914646

Hoping my brother does a good job of looking after my plants/tanks, if so, I'll have plants to share. (some I can give for free, others I will sell).

Old 07-18-2012, 12:27 AM   #44
Michiba54
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

I just found out I am going to be in Puerto Rico from the 8th to 12th of Aug. so I may not be able to attend.
Michiba54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 12:57 AM   #45
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiba54 View Post
I just found out I am going to be in Puerto Rico from the 8th to 12th of Aug. so I may not be able to attend.
Maybe push for the following weekend? Any objections? artega?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.