Changes to the S&S, PowerSellers/Sponsors Forums - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > The Planted Tank Information > Important Update/Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #31
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (713/100%)

I'm always up for changes.. sad to see my powersellers go bye bye... but... like you guys said a lot of abuse and other things going on and has been a nightmare for you Mods.

Fews questions though.

1) what is the max # for PM's per users now?
2) what happen to my thousands of PM i already have in my inbox?
3) I will downgrade to gold memeber, if i dont like and can upgrade to sponsor? and pay the difference? Or do I lose out of the gold memeber $$ i put in?

thanks!
h4n is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2012, 05:30 AM   #32
pweifan
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (58/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingalot View Post
Correct. To have 3 Sales/Trade threads, you'll need to be a silver member. But you can add items to the threads until the 10 days expire. RAOKs and WTB will still be unlimited.
Thank you for the clarification
pweifan is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #33
oldpunk78
/)ಠ_ಠ(\

PTrader: (107/100%)

Bravo Kyle and mods. I think think this will work out swimmingly ;^]
oldpunk78 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #34
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (236/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
I'm always up for changes.. sad to see my powersellers go bye bye...!
Hey Han,

No worries, I'll always look for you if I want your new plants! LOL!
herns is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #35
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

No bumps? At all? So... no comments by anybody, or just no comments by us (the seller)?

One thing I am sad about is the number of FS threads going down. While I just upgraded from Bronze, 3 wasn't enough, and I plan on selling even more, so I don't know how that will work out. I guess if I stagger it correctly so I can edit for each thread every 10 days...

Perhaps as a compromise make it so Gold members have unlimited PM's? Or Maybe have a gold+ option, where its the same as gold, but you pay $5-$10 extra and get unlimited PM's.

Just my thoughts. I hate to see changes, but I totally understand that the SnS is getting a little too hectic. I see that TPT is changing a lot recently. No tapatalk, and now this. In a month or two I bet we will have 2mil total posts too.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 07:05 AM   #36
steven p
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
No, but you can filter different categories of sales like Fish, Equipments, etc.. It's pretty cool.

If you want geo-regions, check out the Local Subforums.
My state has a fairly low population:statistically fewer users posting. So; chances are, if someone near me wants to trade off some plant matter, they are going to start a thread in the SnS. Then, trying to find them, etc...

Personally, I have made 200+ mile trips to spend less than $10 at shops. It costs about the same in gas as does over-night shipping for me.
steven p is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #37
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Quote:
3) I will downgrade to gold memeber, if i dont like and can upgrade to sponsor? and pay the difference? Or do I lose out of the gold memeber $$ i put in?
The idea of upgrading to sponsorship levels will more than likely not be an option.

Most former Power Sellers will need to work within the new listing system.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #38
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Quote:
No bumps? At all? So... no comments by anybody, or just no comments by us (the seller)?
Correct, as written in Kyle's original post. Herns mention of something similar to Craigslist is pretty accurate.

Quote:
Perhaps as a compromise make it so Gold members have unlimited PM's? Or Maybe have a gold+ option, where its the same as gold, but you pay $5-$10 extra and get unlimited PM's.

Unlimited messages? No level carries an unlimited Private Messaging. A Gold level membership carries with it a 2000 Private Message limit. That should be pretty manageable. If it becomes an issue, we will look at it then, but until then I believe managing 2000 messages should be fine.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:42 PM   #39
Gatekeeper
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (96/100%)

Excellent upgrade. Will certainly clean up and give a fresh start to the SnS. I have no doubt that it will be a great move forward for this forum.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
reefdive
Planted Member

PTrader: (8/90%)

It makes everyone equal and gives the Person with 1 tank just as much exposure and opportunity as someone like me with a 20x10 foot fishroom or a Business with 10,000 square feet . Equal is always better .
reefdive is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #41
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (259/100%)

Better to do it now during the summer lull. As a power seller, they sort were a 1/2 and 1/2 type of thing, so phasing out is wise I think.

Keeping the mods happy and given the thankless nature of the (unpaid)job...also a good idea for them.

I think there will be some whining, but it has to be manageable.
I really do not think a sponsor NEEDS more than 1 sales post/week (4 a month) and it gives them a chance to edit and update, cleaning up the post.

Lumpers or splitters, somethings splitting too far and the need to relump is good.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:41 PM   #42
oldpunk78
/)ಠ_ಠ(\

I'm not sure if this has been covered or not.

If we sell a lot, are we going to be forced to upgrade our memberships to gold or sponsor levels?
Old 07-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #43
mistergreen
No more Bow ties

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
There is no limit on the length or list of items you can sell. We also will no longer ask people to upgrade their status based on what and how much they sell. We let the user decide what is best for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been covered or not.

If we sell a lot, are we going to be forced to upgrade our memberships to gold or sponsor levels?
this
mistergreen is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2012, 06:47 PM   #44
oldpunk78
/)ಠ_ಠ(\

Quote:
this
Thank you. I was tired when I read though this last night
Old 07-08-2012, 08:13 PM   #45
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (98/100%)

This is a good change. I was getting tired of some of the powersellers constantly bumping their threads each day. They wouldn't just bump one but did every single thread they currently have going. Also, instead of some power sellers making one consolidated thread, they would make one for each product they sell (then at one time just bump all their threads).

The only thing that I do not like is that you cannot post in these new listings. This means you will not know whether something is still available. I understand that a seller has to upgrade the status of the listing but I can foresee many people forgetting to do so. How about letting people post in these without getting bumped (or is that how it's going to work?)? What if 10 people have the same question about the listing....will 10 people have to send PMs to the seller?
hedge_fund is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.