10g Newly Planted Tank
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Old 07-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
jbreyy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Smile

10g Newly Planted Tank

There are two Anubis plants anchored to rocks in the front corners. In the back right corner there are Amazon Swords, and in the back left corner is a plant that I do not know the name of. Next to it I have some floating Anarachis, which just happened to end up there.

In the middle it looks empty now, but those plants are Telanthera Cardinalis, Java Fern, and one I don't know the name of, but in my other tank it grew into a really nice bush. Also, there are two small Wisteria plants there. So they will all fill in nicely.

The CO2 bubbles are so small, you have to be really close to the tank to see them. The entire tank is covered in a mist of bubbles like in this picture.

I have a DIY CO2 system, and I use a Hagen Elite Mini Filter as a diffuser. I have 26 watts of light coming from two CFLs overhead, and i dose once or twice a week with Flourish. I use Flourite as my substrate. I turn the air stone on at night for surface disruption. I just had to do some heavy trimming to save the plants from severe brown algae after transferring them from one tank to the other. I plant on adding hornwort and a few other plants, as well as a carpeting plant. Only one fish lives in the tank, a Gold Gourami. He shares it with three ghost shrimp, but I'm sure that he will eat them when he gets bigger.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions :]
jbreyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
FriendsNotFood
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

The plant in the left corner is a dracena and is not aquatic. Sorry ): Otherwise if it were me, I'd add more plants. Tallest plants in the back, something short and bushy for the midground and a carpet in the front if you want. And maybe a background so you can hide your equipment.
FriendsNotFood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
jbreyy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendsNotFood View Post
The plant in the left corner is a dracena and is not aquatic. Sorry ): Otherwise if it were me, I'd add more plants. Tallest plants in the back, something short and bushy for the midground and a carpet in the front if you want. And maybe a background so you can hide your equipment.
I actually thought that it might not be.. I will take it out. I plan on buying more plants, but I wanna see how these one do first.
jbreyy is offline   Reply With Quote