DIY inline heater build - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 02-25-2014, 02:54 AM   #16
jeffdenney
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Sorry im a terrible cameraman. If the images r not upright, idk what that about tapatalk is making them all rotated funny.

This is on my 25 gal. Its powered by a rena xp2 and has an inline diffusser also so....not the 300gph rated but its pretty close i'd say. Has a diy spraybar too. Pvc is awesome!

Hard to get a good pic but If I remember correctly its 2" pvc with a weird union. I just took the heater in lowes and pieced it together. Lol why not. Used some silicone to seal the heater in. And and little reducer ro add the water dump valve. Usually I just run that house out the window. Unless im out of house plant water. Those buckets r only for filling and acclimating.

Its a 100w aqueon. I only keep it at 75f but it has no trouble with that. Sometimes my water change water is a little cold and it goes from 70-75 in less than an hour. I use two digi thermos on opposite sides and they are within a degree so its pretty even temps.

Pretty easy could be built for any size I guess. I dont unplug it or anything when I stop flow or whatever. Been working over a year now.

If u got any questions let me know. Sorry for the bad pics.
jeffdenney is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement