No-tech 2.5 gal plant suggestions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 01-28-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Redtail84
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

No-tech 2.5 gal plant suggestions

I'm finally getting to set up a tank at work! It's a standard 2.5 gallon tank since that's all I'll be able to comfortably keep on my desk. The catch is that I can't plug anything extra in at work, so I am lighting it with a desk lamp that is already there, and that's it. No filter, no heater (it stays a sweltering 76F in my office anyway), no CO2, and no ferts. I did put down a base layer of organic potting soil and capped it with standard aquarium gravel. I'll be using either a 10W or a 13W daylight spiral CFL in my desk lamp. I just can't decide what I want to do for plants. I'm leaning toward some dwarf sag, possible chain sword, and some java moss if I can find the right piece of dw or a good rock for decor. Any other suggestions for this setup? I'd like something that's broad for a sort of center piece plant, like an ozelot or oriental sword, but I feel like they would definitely get too big, and might not work with what I have anyway. Any and all advice is appreciated.
Redtail84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement