Stocking new tank!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 PM   #1
Cannonbolt
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (9/100%)

Stocking new tank!

I'm about to setup a 15g tank and thinking about what I'd like to stock it with. In another tank, I currently keep Celestial Pearl Danios, Cardinal Tetras, 2 Cory Hastatus, and 1 Oto.
For my 15g, if I can catch them I'd like to add the 2 Cory Hastatus and when the season rolls around add maybe 5 more of their own kind. Other fish I've been considering are Chili Rasboras, and also maybe a solo Dwarf Gourami.
On my last trip to my LFS I saw some very interesting fish that I don't know much about: Banjo Catfish, Hillstream Loach, some very small Botia loaches, freshwater Flounder, and Bumblebee Goby.
Any experiences or thoughts on these fish would be great, as would any other suggestions! Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #2
F22
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

I think your school sizes for the cory and oto are no good, try added larger groups, they will do much better
F22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
Cannonbolt
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F22 View Post
I think your school sizes for the cory and oto are no good, try added larger groups, they will do much better
I agree with you. That's the reason the Corys are going in the new tank, so I can add more. As for the Otos I initially had two and after quite sometime one died out of the blue and the only reason I could figure is because there wasn't enough to eat in my 10g tank. As much as I tried they never would feed on blanched veggies.