Planted tank redo
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
Gambs
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Planted tank redo

When I first set this tank up I had a hodgepodge of plants and didn't really know what I was doing. Yesterday I tore everything down, put in 1.5 inch of miracle grow organic and capped with flourite. Now the hard part ... aquascaping. Here is what I have so far. I do have other driftwood pieces and river rocks I can add. What are your opinions of what I have done so far? Plant will include val, bronze and green crypts, ludwigia, anubis, and Java fern. For plant placement I am thinking of the stems along the back behind the driftwood. Anubis attached. Val 2 plants deep along the front and crypts in the middle between the pieces of driftwood. Any advice is welcomed. This will be low tech setup.
All these pieces are a bit large. Would have to remove the mopani wood on the left to use one of these.
Gambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
Qwedfg
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I think that stumpy piece on the left is pretty cool. I would try to make that the centerpiece by moving it slightly more to the center and removing the piece on the right. Then I would add some more fluorite around the stump to make it look more natural and use the river stone as accents around it.

I would also change up the background. Graphic backgrounds take away from your plants by distracting your eye. The best way in my opinion is just to paint it as I hate the shiny black backgrounds you can tape on the back.
Qwedfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #3
Gambs
Algae Grower

Still need to add more flourite.

What about raising the back so the stump is tilted forward?
Old 07-16-2014, 02:39 AM   #4
Gambs
Algae Grower

Finally finished. Will add the river stone tomorrow. I think it looks fairly good for my first real attempt at a aquascape