Would you change the right side?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ameri,CA
Posts: 550
Default

Would you change the right side?


Hi everyone,

I got a Mr. aqua 12 gallon in dsm mode and was wondering if you think this is scape is balanced. I'm trying to portray two islands. I like the left side but not quite sure about the right side. What do you guys think?



FTS


left side


right side


Thanks for looking!
__________________
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-22-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
cawolf86
Planted Member
 
cawolf86's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 290
Default

I love it and am no aquascaper but here is my rough interpretation.

The two islands have similar shapes but the one on the right has the rocks spaced rather than overlapped and the prominent "pointy" rock acts as a focal point which takes away from the stunning left.

Maybe move the rocks on right closer together and angle the "pointy" rock differently so it isn't the main focal point?
cawolf86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 11:50 PM   #3
jcgd
Wannabe Guru
 
jcgd's Avatar
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,985
Send a message via MSN to jcgd
Default

I like it, but I think it might look better if you swap the two large rocks on the right so that the focal point, the tall, pointy rock, is closer to center. It's a super cool scape though. Looks HUGE! I can't believe that's 12 gallons.
jcgd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ameri,CA
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cawolf86 View Post
I love it and am no aquascaper but here is my rough interpretation.

The two islands have similar shapes but the one on the right has the rocks spaced rather than overlapped and the prominent "pointy" rock acts as a focal point which takes away from the stunning left.

Maybe move the rocks on right closer together and angle the "pointy" rock differently so it isn't the main focal point?
Thanks for the feedback! The two rocks are actually touching but there is AS on top of it.

Quote:
I like it, but I think it might look better if you swap the two large rocks on the right so that the focal point, the tall, pointy rock, is closer to center. It's a super cool scape though. Looks HUGE! I can't believe that's 12 gallons.
I'm glad you like it. I think if I switch it, the large rock might look like a sore thumb. I am realizing that the tall stone doesn't fit. i'm going to replace it. It's going to be pita because the rocks are sitting on the glass and holding up the back soil. But better now then later. Thanks again.
__________________
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
ChadRamsey
Wannabe Guru
 
ChadRamsey's Avatar
 
PTrader: (52/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Canton, Ga
Posts: 1,340
Default

no way. i wouldnt change a thing. great choice in stones and great placement. they have great "flow", all to the left. well balanced imo. i think that you did a GREAT job on the scape and i cant wait to see it all filled in.
__________________


There are 2 types of people on this forum. Those that have algae, and those that lie and say they don't.
ChadRamsey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ameri,CA
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRamsey View Post
no way. i wouldnt change a thing. great choice in stones and great placement. they have great "flow", all to the left. well balanced imo. i think that you did a GREAT job on the scape and i cant wait to see it all filled in.
Thanks for the response but Oops... Sorry, I found a better stone and replaced it. I think I'm happier with it. Hopefully I can post the new pictures and start a journal.
__________________
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
12 gallon, mr. aqua, seiryu

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012