Noah's 40B Rainbow Garden - Page 9
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 05-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #121
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew View Post
WOW!!!

Your tank has grown into a BEAUTIFUL Aquascape!!!

The Rainbows are looking AWESOME TOO!!!

I finally got my 40B stand built, or at least the structure, and I will be setting up my40B this week hopefully!!! I still can't decide on what fish I want to put into it, but seeing your 40B makes me want to go with rainbows again! Or maybe put the fish in my 55g in the 40 and do Rainbows in the 55g to give them more swimming room!

Anyway keep up the AWESOME WORK!!!
Drew
Thanks! I am having a little bit of a BBA problem that should be sorted out by now, we will see this next couple weeks.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #122
BHolmes
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

Great journal. The bows and scape look very good! All of the pics are awesome too.
BHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #123
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHolmes View Post
Great journal. The bows and scape look very good! All of the pics are awesome too.

Thanks!

Been a whle since an update, I had a bit of a mixup (quite literally) with my fertz and now I am battling a massive BBA outbreak and working at correcting the poor growing plants due to the problem. I am going to be changing out a few more plant species with some different stuffs. I just cannot find that perfect rosete plant for the right side to the left of my rock pile. Any suggestions would be great.

My bows are doing great, the Nigrans have reached sexual maturity, so I might start pulling my nice male and a female out for a run in the Q tank with a spawning mop to see if I can get a few more out of em.

Pictures soon!
Old 06-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #124
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)

Sorry to hear about the bba. Someday people are going to figure that one out!

As for rosettes I have lots of crypts if you are interested.
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #125
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

What crypts do you have? I have been wanting to increase my crypt stash lol. I have nothing but some cash in return at the moment until I can solve this BBA problem, which seems to be getting better in some areas, and staying the same in others. Tomorrow a nice tank clean is going to happen
Old 06-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #126
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

I have some wendtii and some nuri. They are both plentiful. Also some parva and some spiralis. One or two of any of those would be fine. I have others but they are mostly in rehab. The bronze wendtii is very nice. Great contrast in color with that. Just let me know we can work something out.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:55 PM   #127
Qwedfg
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Awesome tank. I love rainbowfish and you got some really hard to find ones. All I can fit in my tank are dwarf neons I cant wait to upgrade so I can get some of the big guys.
Qwedfg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2013, 06:14 AM   #128
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwedfg View Post
Awesome tank. I love rainbowfish and you got some really hard to find ones. All I can fit in my tank are dwarf neons I cant wait to upgrade so I can get some of the big guys.

Thanks. I did a total replant tonight and moved a bunch of plants around lol. I just happen to know a few of the guys that got the majority of a collection from a lady named Lori, who did a lot of rainbow collection with Gary Lange. The Nigrans were a very nice find! I am going to try to breed them here soon, and see what I get out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
I have some wendtii and some nuri. They are both plentiful. Also some parva and some spiralis. One or two of any of those would be fine. I have others but they are mostly in rehab. The bronze wendtii is very nice. Great contrast in color with that. Just let me know we can work something out.
Let me get back to you, the Nuri or Wendtii might be nice. I only have varriants of the Wendtii and might like to add the standard one back to the tank, its been a few years since I have had one.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:02 AM   #129
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quick update. I have a Echinodorus 'Frans Stoffels' on order from Aqua imports a LFS, if they cannot get it. Bruce I will be sending you a PM lol

Not too much has changed, the tank is recovering from a mess of an algae outbreak, and doing a good job at recovering. The bows are doing great with one exception. I lost one of my male Nigrans. Not sure what the hell happened but I found him dead against one of my powerheads. I know the night before (independence day) my nephews were fooling around the tank, not sure if they did something. This is upping my timeframe for attempting a breed with the Nigrans. Hopefully just a mop in the 40b will produce a nice group, if not I will pull the male and a good female and try it in the 10g tank.

Here are a few pics. Sorry they are not thumb nailed, I did not have time to upload them to photobucket, instead they are within my skydrive account.

http://sdrv.ms/15q997Z
http://sdrv.ms/15q9bww
http://sdrv.ms/14CbtaR
http://sdrv.ms/13vzxzn

And a Video I put together. Please excuse the reflections in the later part of the video. The lights came on and I did not have time to close up windows and shades while the bows were flashing.
http://sdrv.ms/15q9wPS
Old 07-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #130
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

Nice music! Anytime Noah. Tank is looking good. I do have a "Kleiner Bar" Sword but I have no idea when it might decide to make some extra plants.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:21 AM   #131
BHolmes
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

How did you battle the BBA? I'm having a similar problem in mine right now
BHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2013, 02:53 AM   #132
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
Nice music! Anytime Noah. Tank is looking good. I do have a "Kleiner Bar" Sword but I have no idea when it might decide to make some extra plants.
No problem, Aqua imports has a Franz Stoffels on order for me and I picked up a couple of Kliner Prinz today as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHolmes View Post
How did you battle the BBA? I'm having a similar problem in mine right now
My battle is far from over, but it is getting better. I am treating directly with H2o2 each water change. And the Co2 is high enough that the growth is very slow. I made sure the flow was ample around the entire tank, and every water change I treat the BBA on the hardscape with the h2o2. with very stubborn stuff I put a little excel directly on it as well. I am close to getting the BBA only on the hardscape, the plants growing well will not get infected as easily.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #133
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quick update, more pictures to come tomorrow hopefully lol.

The Kliner Prinz are already producing submerged leaves, darker red margins with the rest of the leaf a nice pink red. pretty plant!!! I recommend it to ANYONE.

I was able to catch a halfway decent pic of my happy male nigrans tonight, I really really want to catch a good picture of him flaring at a female during mating time, his fins look like they are fire, with blue near the body extending to a deep red with black margin towards the outside. Orange spotted in the interior.
This is the best so far. Bows are typically very active, these guys are a normal bow energy x 100 lol always moving, always changing direction. great little fish.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:15 AM   #134
owenjmayer
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Beautiful tank! I'm planning on setting up a 60gal NPT once we move & am thinking about a mixed school of rainbows as the main fish.
owenjmayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2013, 06:24 AM   #135
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenjmayer View Post
Beautiful tank! I'm planning on setting up a 60gal NPT once we move & am thinking about a mixed school of rainbows as the main fish.
they are certainly worth it. Take a look at rainbow-fish.org for some really helpful rainbow peoples. Lots of hands on experience with these little scaled friends.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.