Fauna:
-MTS
-red ramshorn snails
-Fire Red shrimp
-Malawa shrimp

See less See more
#13 ·
Nice tank....

BTW those aren't PFR's....they are just regular Fire Red shrimp....With real PFR's you can't see their saddle or tell if they're berried unless they swim and you see their underside...They are called "Painted" for a reason - they are suppose to be opaque (and not translucent) just like red paint from a bucket....PM if you want to see pictures of what a real PFR looks like

#17 ·
You've got some nice looking PFRs! Once they start breeding on a regular basis your population will grow like crazy! I like the looks of your tank. How do you like the tiger shrimp? I've been thinking about adding some to my PFR tank.

#19 ·
I love tiger shrimp, so I say go for it. :) try to get some from a person that has similar water params as your PFR tank. I bought 2 batches(10 each) from 2 different people. One batch came from CRS water params and the other came from Houston tap water, I still have all the original ones that came from houston tap. The batch that came from the CRS water params slowly died off over a period of about a month even though I acclimated them for 3 hours(drip method)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.