Seth's buffet shrimp/farm rack - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 01:58 AM   #46
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

I'm probably gonna be pushing 45-60ppm
Sethjohnson30 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #47
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

This project has been on the back burner for a bit due to me being broke....garnishments over time to get back on this

I'm moving in a couple weeks I'm not looking forward to moving my tanks. I have a plan. In order for my plan to work I have to have two more 10g's set up to house my small fish and invertebrates from my display tank.

In a hurry I purchased 2 zoo med 501's......after further research it seems this will not cut it for a planted tank. In hoping they will be good enough for temp fish only tanks. If nessecary in going rip out the stock filter and add an inline 200 gph powerhead pump.

Depending on how well this mod ends up working I may end up setting up all 6 tanks this way. It's 30 bucks for the filter and 10 for the 200gph pump I don't think I will be able to buy a canister filter that powerful for 40$

I'm getting ahead of myself, well see how this pans out
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 PM   #48
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Got the filters today, tonight I'm gonna set up a couple tanks to temporarily house fish for the move
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #49
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Default Seth's buffet shrimp/farm rack

I tossed one on my running 10g to check out the flow it's not bad. This is with no media just the stock sponge. I probably won't run media since this will be for plant only tanks.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #50
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Update time!

I feel like a stranger on this forum ive been spending so much time on bmw forums lately
Long story short blew up the motor in my 85 325 so I'm upgrading and building a new really fast motor for it. It's. Costing me about 10x what I had budgeted for the build. So the money for fish tank stuff is gone

I have some more work to do with the lighting these led floodlights are worthless I originally thought I could run 1 10w led floodlight over each tank....yeah right. I tried 2 per a tank...stil not enough light. For the last month I've had 1 20w and 1 10w over 1 of my tanks. In still not even getting algae growth(I know that's normally a good thing) I have 2xt8's over another tank and it's thriving. All these tanks are non co2 no ferts. Just food and top offs.

Tge rest of my co2 parts should be arriving this week

In going to try running 1x20w led flood and 2x10w led flood over my two farm tanks. Hopefully this combined with co2 and dosing as needed will work well.

I may have to invest in some ray2's if this doesn't work. If I have to add anymore led floodlights it will drive my cost up so I would rather buy the nicer looking fixture that works

Pics(I just moved so things aren't very organized yet)

The plants in the bottom tanks are all out of my 72g high tech tank I'm redoing.

After taking those pics I did notice something. They are all pearling. I did do 2 gallon top off on each tank today but that was 10 hours ago while the lights were out.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #51
tokidoki
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

drop an m50/s50 on that e30
tokidoki is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 09:33 AM   #52
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokidoki View Post
drop an m50/s50 on that e30
We're probably the only two people on this forum that know what you just said...
n/a 2.7i
With p&p head,intake and throttle body. 274 myster e cam, m30 afm, mark d chip(173 dme) , headers-2.5" out the back

I'll build a 24v someday but being this is my first motor build I would like to keep it somewhat simple.

I'll still keep up with the 24v guys no problem
Old 03-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #53
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Co2 is up and running on one tank, will be two by the end of the night I also upped the lighting 2 10w led floods and 1 20w over each tank
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #54
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

I think this rack is going to be four tanks only instead of six. I need more room to access the tanks. So I'm going to have to tear it down and move the shelves.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #55
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Moving into a new house and I can't keep this up and running this is the end.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:53 AM   #56
Nami
Algae Grower

Thats too bad. I was really looking forward to this! I thought it would make a great room divider.
Nami is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #57
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Yeah! It's a shame I have 3 tanks set up currently but I will be selling all of it off including most of the plants and fish. I also have to sell both my 72g bowfronts.

I think it will be nice to start fresh I've been in the hobby for about 5 years now and I've wasted a lot of money!

I have permission to keep my 26g riparium and I will be able to set up a medium sized tank(rimless 36x18dx 12t) I'm pretty exited to take all my manzanita and lace rock and cram it all into this shallow deep tank .

Here's the rack how it sits if anyone is interested in plants, feel free to pm me .
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #58
Nami
Algae Grower

It looks pretty nice right there. You should keep it!
Nami is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #59
Pdxseth
Algae Grower

It's a lot of work. I work 60 hours a week, I have a 1 year old, and a car to get back on the road. I simply don't have the time. I can handle 1 high tank. I would rather focus on one instead of 5. It just takes the fun out of it.
Pdxseth is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.