Paladarium size
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Sajjad
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Paladarium size

Hi every body .
I'm a new member and I don't know where I should ask my question .
I want to build a paludarium in small size .
what is the minimum size required to make a paludarium ?
*length:80 cm or 1m , width : 40 or 50cm , height : 40 or 50cm_is enough for make a small paludarium ?

thanks a lot
Sajjad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2012, 11:58 PM   #2
mellowvision
Algae Grower

you can make them even smaller than that, but reality is that the bigger the better with a paludarium. both height and depth help a lot in creating usable water and land areas. the trick is staying to scale, and using plants that are sized appropriately for the tank. Large plants in small spaces break that scale.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Sajjad
Algae Grower

So with this size that I said which one of them(Vivarium,Paludarium,Terrarium,Riparium) is good for make ?
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Sajjad
Algae Grower

Please answer my question _ Which one of them is good for make with the sizes that I said ?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
im2smart4u
Planted Tank Obsessed

All of them are possible. It depends more on what you want to put in it, and what your personal preferences are. If you want fish, something like a riparium would be better, since you would have more water volume than with a paludarium. A terrarium has no water, so if you want to keep something small and non aquatic, go this route. Like I said before, all of them would work, so pick what you like best.
im2smart4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 04:49 AM   #6
Sajjad
Algae Grower

So witch one of paludarium and Vivarium is easier to make ? and how much will it cost ?(for paludarium or Vivarium)
Old 06-06-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
mellowvision
Algae Grower

a vivarium is way easier to make than a paludarium
Old 06-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #8
CatB
Wannabe Guru

Send a message via AIM to CatB Send a message via Skype™ to CatB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajjad View Post
So witch one of paludarium and Vivarium is easier to make ? and how much will it cost ?(for paludarium or Vivarium)
a vivarium is any tank with living things inside. paludariums, ripariums, terrariums, and aquariums are all types of vivariums.
paludarium = water section and land section. probably the most expensive because you'll have to work on separating the sections, filtering/heating the water, making sure the land doesn't get moldy...etc.
riparium = all water, but with plants growing in planters on and above the water line. only as expensive as you make it, but has all the costs of an aquarium including above-water planters and plants.
terrarium = all land. pretty simple, useful for reptiles and amphibians. only as expensive as you make it.
aquarium = all water, what this website is founded upon. for fish, of course. only as expensive as you make it, but still requires proper equipment, including adequate filtration and heating. proper lighting, substrate, and possibly carbon dioxide injection/fertilizers are necessary for a planted tank.
CatB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #9
Sajjad
Algae Grower

Thanks dear mellowvision , CatB , im2smart4u .
I don't want to make aquarium(Because I had an aquarium before) and I don't like riparium . and I think making paludarium is difficult for me because it is my first experience .
So what's your suggestion about Vivarium and terrarium ? Witch one of them is better and easier for make ?

thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
Sajjad
Algae Grower

It's my firs experience so witch one of Vivarium or Terrarium for beginning is better to make ? and if the height of tank be longer than 50cm is good or not ?

Thanks
Old 06-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #11
vincenz
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (54/100%)

I don't think one is easier or more difficult than the other. It really comes down to how much work you want to put into either one. As for the height of the tank, that's also up to you. People have made all types using all sorts of tanks with different dimensions.

Do you want it closed or open? What type of plants do you want? Are you looking at adding livestock? How much money do you want to put into it? You should ask yourself these types of questions to get a better sense of what your goals are, then go from there.

The Spawning Pool-- 75g shallow square DECOMMISSIONED

Three Worlds-- 4g triple sphere DECOMMISSIONED
vincenz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 05:08 AM   #12
Sajjad
Algae Grower

I want to put in my tank rain forest plants so I think it should be closed and it's not important for me to keep animals . How much should I pay for the terrarium with rain forest plants ?
and what equipment is needed ?

Thanks
Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
Sajjad
Algae Grower

I decided to make a terrarium with rain forest plants and now I need your help .
what equipment is needed for make a terrarium?
Which plants are suitable for the rain forest terrarium ?

Please help me.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
steven p
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

are you buying all new equiptment and a new tank? Thats going to cost a couple bucks... check craigslist, your newspaper and ask around.. you never know who has stock piles of unused tanks in their garage. Then lighting. Air/water circulation. so on and so forth.
steven p is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
Kehy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

I would look through the old threads in this section, you can learn a lot just by reading about what others have done and what worked for them.
Kehy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.