My first planted tank (10G) - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #31
srivihk
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks. Seems like a plan. Replace 6 platys with 10 amanos and 3 neon tetras (adding to the existing 3 tetras).

As an experiment, I removed my black background (it is not attached) today and voila the plants started pearling!!
srivihk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #32
srivihk
Algae Grower

Picked up 4 amano shrimps (1 inch long). Was going to introduce into my tank, but was worried if my zebra would make a meal out of them. Any views on this?

Also picked a nice piece of DW, that sort of fit into my drawing, but only one branch is long. Currently soaking.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #33
srivihk
Algae Grower

Well even before I could introduce the shrimps to tank one of them kicked the bucket. They got down to cleaning work almost immediately, waiting for them to clean my glass.

Also I found that (a) my guppy is missing and (b) 1 neon tetra is dead.

Will be working on the rescape this weekend or next weekend. Removing the rocks for now to break one of them and clean them out.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:07 PM   #34
srivihk
Algae Grower

Did a 75% WC today and scrubbed the tank for algae. Restarted the DIY CO2. Just added slightly less than 1/4 tsp of yeast and 1/8 tsp of baking soda, gave the 1 liter bottle a good shake and CO2 started flowing in 2 mins.

Seems the DW that i picked was used earlier and it sank in less than 12 hours. Now in the tank.

Is my molly going to drop fry? This was the one that had the pop eye and 10 days in salt water and stress coat seemed to have helped. Should i move the fish back to the home tank (as my daughter calls it) from the hospital tank (again my daughter's terminology)....

Would take apart the tank and replace the gravel with Amazonia AS. Hands full for the weekend.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:21 AM   #35
srivihk
Algae Grower

Surprise! Surprise!. I thought that my black molly might be pregnant. Well she might still be. But to my surprise one of my platys dropped 12 little frys on Tuesday. I bought the platys and mollys (one passed away a few days ago) from the same store a couple of months ago.

My new scape is temporarily delayed to next weekend.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #36
srivihk
Algae Grower

Finally the rescape was completed over the weekend.

Some pics.

FTS

Left

Right

The layout

Hope to get some contrast visible over the next few days as the background plants grow.