75gal MINI BAR TANK build-step by step on my refurbish and restore - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-11-2012, 04:33 AM   #31
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ony View Post
I'm assuming that's over multiple days. 20 pints is over 2 gallons, I don't think I could drink that much water let alone beer!
folks.... i live in utah..... 20 is a decent amount but due to the awesome laws in utah any out of state beer is equivilant to like 3 utah beers, i have killed a few 30 racks by myself before, it takes a while and bloating is a bioootch but its all good times plus i drink a lot and im a bigger guy....

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_valley View Post
WOWWWW...this is what you call a project. How long you've been working on this?

its been almost a week n a half, and tomorrow it will be finished...

on with the update....

so i got pretty pissed due to the glue that was supposedly "easily sand able" even though there really isnt any glue out there that is.... kind of screwed up the canopy, but its ok, i tiled over it.... here are some updated picks almost done, just need to attach the support chains so the lid doesnt rip off its hinges when propped

By cakenutz at 2012-06-10

Old 06-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #32
green_valley
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)

Are we done yet?
Are we done yet?
Are we done yet?
Are we done yet?

LOL...jk. Looking good. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Green's Resurrection Aquarium Gallery
green_valley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #33
Mr. Fish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Man not to brag or anything but 20 beers is a usual night in cali lol

I hate that I have such a strong tolerance for alcohol.. I have to drink a few shots out my own stash b4 I hit the bars or else i'm broke by the end of the night with a slight buzz.. no fun
Old 06-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #34
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

amen mr. fish..... amen, right there with ya
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #35
ZliBrka

PTrader: (0/0%)

I think you should also consider putting some computer fans (at least 2) in back of your tank lid to get moisture out.
This is some nice project.
ZliBrka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 PM   #36
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZliBrka View Post
I think you should also consider putting some computer fans (at least 2) in back of your tank lid to get moisture out.
This is some nice project.
i will probably at least have one, but i plan on having a nice tidy fit glass lid over the tank so the wood isnt exposed, its waterproofed and sealed with a primer but just in case i probably will install a fan, i designed it so the back is open to fit equipment, and the lid is 6'' higher then the top of the tank so moisture can get out... but it would suck if it started to rot... then i would have to start a whole new thread

here is an update, the stand is finally finished, all that is left is attaching the bar arm rest, but its still poopy brown colored leather and i dont have any funds left to reupholster it so it will remain off for now, i kind of like the look with it off but once i get matching leather im sure it will look killer on it, but we will see, i will post more pics once its inside and tank is sitting in it, moving this beast by myself into my office..... gonna be fun

By cakenutz at 2012-06-11

will post more tonight of its final resting place
Old 06-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #37
izabella87
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Keep it up!! Veryyyyyyy effinnnn NICE!!
izabella87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #38
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

why thank you im not sure when i will have time to reupholster that leather arm rest so i will leave it off for now, the attachments to it are already painted to match so i just have to get it re wrapped then attach it, simple and then it will be complete..... so the build part of the actual stand is finally done, now the tank begins but it will be a much slower thread after today, have no moneys for anything lol
Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #39
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

had a feeling this would happen, get the stand done, figure i can easily attach the bar arm rest later since i didnt have the money to reupholster it.... well im too impulsive and wanted to finish it, so got the leather treated and went to attach it, when my crown molding decided it wanted to be in the way.... ugh so i had to turn my office into a construction zone, cut out the holding and glue to fit the arm rests.... ugh sucks....

By cakenutz at 2012-06-13

Old 06-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #40
izabella87
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Dont worry, its already amazing as it is. You know sometimes when u do something for the first time you will do it and redo, take super long to get it done. But its once because after you learn and if you have to reapply these skill once again, you will know and go straight to the goal in no time.
Im proud of what u have accomplished so far
Old 06-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #41
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

awww thanks!!! really thank you, its frustrating but i guess thats how we learn

so i was thinking about glueing a rock back wall, im going to do frontosa's in this tank, till they get bigger, i took muellers idea http://www.fmueller.com/home/aquaris...g/decorations/ to make the back of the tank complete rock, with silicone to seal it and glue it in place.... but i will be moving within 6 months and am concerned it will be too much of a pain to move..... any advice or tips?? pointers? threads? diy help please!! because i was going to start on it tomorrow!!!!
Old 06-18-2012, 12:31 AM   #42
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

so the tank its self is finished, but the aquascape begins.... i have it in my office now, joined with two other tanks... such a badass room.... i could live in here.... here are some shots of the mini bar at its resting place.... for now.....

and FYI i didnt scape this yet, just through in some lava rock to sample ideas, will be building big rocky caves with some driftwood, going to have frontosa's in this, plants wont be much, just take 5 sister amazon swords from my big tank, maybe some thin java fern... but thats it, no co2, just a simple frontosa tank

By cakenutz at 2012-06-17
sitting on my couch view

sitting in my office chair view

here is the arm rest around the tank, dont have drinks yet but will put in some shelves in the sides to hold glasses and such

and please join my 10 gal build journal, i could use some advice about lighting on emersed set up, this tank is also in my office, here is an up to date pic of it

By cakenutz at 2012-06-16
Old 06-18-2012, 01:52 AM   #43
izabella87
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Bravo!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 04:58 AM   #44
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

why thank you, my glass lids should be here for the mini bar soon, then i can finish the decor and fill!!

i have a question about my 10 gal emersed though, on a emersed setup how high should you hang your light? the tank is air tight with saran wrap and i have the light half inch above that, running 28 watts..... but im wondering if i should raise it, or add more wattage since its emersed.... any help?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #45
wetbizquit
Planted Tank Obsessed

so went a lil' drift wood huntin' the other day, snagged some river rocks as well

By cakenutz at 2012-06-27

gettin' their soak on, i hope they will test out ok, constant hot water during day by boiling water into the tub, i will let them sit for another day, then scrub anything soft off of the wood to see how durable it is... some look promising, so far the rocks have checked in, no chalk on them, and seems to raise the ph from 7.5 to 7.8 but we will test it again in a week, the wood had all strait shootin testing until the ammonia, found .50 ppm that will also hopefully calm down as i boil the tanins, scrub the crap out of em

lid order was placed almost three weeks ago, still hasnt even shipped, i guess they had it sold out but should be shipping on thurs, oooooh it better or else... plus cut a acrylic peice to silicone to the middle of the top of the tank to help structure fair weight from the glass lids..... i'll post that up to.... sorry for the slow updates, working on a few tanks check em all out i believe they all have journals...

thats it for now, comments would be very nice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.