Heartnet's 30 gallon - Anubias petite galore - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 10-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #16
Heartnet
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (40/100%)

Some updates.

The discus (Tiny) has been moved into a discus tank along with other mates.

This shot was from a little while ago, when there were still some unfilled gaps here and there.

Most recent shot with a lot of the empty gaps filled with some plants on loan. =D

FTS

The right side is one giant anubias petite mountain.

Along with the anubias petite 'stardust'.

Check out how the HC is growing! It's actually embedded into that thick portion of anubias petites.

The left side with cyperus and crypts in the middle.

Side shot. You can observe the depth of the petite mountain.

Some of the new livestock I'm holding on for someone. They aren't all pictured, because most of them hideout in the little caves of the anubias mountain.

Some livestock that were not pictured include kuhli loaches, yoyo loaches, rummies, and several apistos.

Future plans

The tank is progressing how I initially intended it to be: a low maintenance tank. So far, I have barely seen any algae at all. I've only observed a trace of BBA, some string algae and a couple of strands of clado. I manually remov them all and I haven't seen any new algae growth since. *knockonwood* The new plants have some algae on it, but I'm hoping it will go away on its own. If not, I'll just manually remove it. I attribute this lack of algae to a good plant density and appropriatly proportioned lighting/CO2 levels. This tank doesn't receive very high light, I measured the PAR at around ~70 on the top and ~30s on the bottom. And 30-50% of the water gets changed every one or two weeks.

My dosing schedule is really erratic. I dose whenever I feel like it or observe deficiencies in the plant themselves; I usually have to dose potassium the most because a lot the plants seem to have pinhead holes all over the leaves.

In the future, I might switch out the fluval g3 for a sump; reasons include increased water area, separate area for breeding livestock and top off/auto water change system.

Last edited by Heartnet; 10-18-2012 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: pics
Heartnet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #17
andrewss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

looking really good
andrewss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #18
jellie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

Potassium is my main dose too, otherwise, super low maintenance love!

That anubias mountain.......... how can you say you don't love your tank?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.