ADA 90P Iwugami (56K Warning) Updated 5/16/2013 - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #61
styxx
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx

Yes, 17mm also but I found that the narrower shape on the outflow pipe increases the water flow, perhaps from the reduction in size due to the narrower shape. I like it and I didn't find the inflow any different at all from the ADA version.
styxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM   #62
Ozydego
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yeah, on the G6 I changed all the warnings so they would not come on unless it was extreme, except for the temp, I love that feature. Its about time for a new mechanical filter for me as well, when I am cleaning it, I can feel the bristles come through in some spots so I know its not as effective as it used to be. Its also great shrimp catcher, I empty the mechanical filter into a bowl so I can fish out all the small shrimps that made it down there... great place for them to survive until I can get to them.
Ozydego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #63
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx View Post
Yes, 17mm also but I found that the narrower shape on the outflow pipe increases the water flow, perhaps from the reduction in size due to the narrower shape. I like it and I didn't find the inflow any different at all from the ADA version.
The ADA one is sexier, lol
Old 08-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #64
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown193 View Post
The ADA one is sexier, lol
I won't dispute that, lol.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #65
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001

PTrader: (385/100%)

So where's the HOT new pics with the Val nanas planted? ^^
speedie408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:43 AM   #66
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedie408 View Post
So where's the HOT new pics with the Val nanas planted? ^^
Lol. I haven't gotten them yet. But I will post when they get here!
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 AM   #67
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Talking Lileopsis Mauritanius

Well I have finally bit the bullet and added a second LED tile just in case I need some extra light (though I think it might be overkill). Today my first shipment of L. Mauritanius arrived with another due on Saturday where I can finish planting the rest of the foreground. I took out the L. Repens as the Amanos just destroyed those poor plants (even while feeding them algae wafers). So I've yet to decide on how to proceed with the right hand corner of the tank. I also added the Val. Nanas as you can see in this shot below (please forgive the microbubbles).

Here is a close up to see the healthy condition of the l. Mauritanius as well as one of the voracious Amanos that are constantly eating, eating, eating their life away, lol. This was 10 pots and I have another 12 pots on the way to complete the front of the aquarium. In a month or so, I think this will grow together nicely (or at least I hope so, lol). Now I'm trying to decide what to include in the back right corner of the tank, considering the absence of the L. Repens. Any suggestions?

And finally, another shot of a strange Amano (always eating of course, lol). Somehow this one looks different - what's with those tiny blue spots on the end of the tail? Maybe my eyes are deceiving me?

Old 08-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #68
pandacory
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

With the g6 and Lilly pipes on the 90p, do you feel you will need a power head when it gets denser?
pandacory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:56 AM   #69
frrok
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

slowly but surely this is coming together. keep at it. pull out a bit I want to see a shot of your setup!! one suggestion. Maybe ditch the anubias. For some reason its not working for me. Its taking away from the impression of your main stone. I like the addition of the nana... maybe get some hairgrass or blyxa instead of typical stem plant... idk to have like a transition into the background. just my .02 cents.
The Fraternity of Dirt #11
Wabi-kusa Pimp #6

25cm Cube

ADA MINI-M Journal

ADA MINI-M REDUX
frrok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #70
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandacory View Post
With the g6 and Lilly pipes on the 90p, do you feel you will need a power head when it gets denser?
I don't think so, as I intend to keep it an iwugami style, but if I added driftwood with plants attached, I would consider it. I'm not certain that I'd need it mind you, but the 90P is one big tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frrok View Post
slowly but surely this is coming together. keep at it. pull out a bit I want to see a shot of your setup!! one suggestion. Maybe ditch the anubias. For some reason its not working for me. Its taking away from the impression of your main stone. I like the addition of the nana... maybe get some hairgrass or blyxa instead of typical stem plant... idk to have like a transition into the background. just my .02 cents.
I'll get a FTS once I finish planting the foreground. Those anubias aren't going anywhere, I love them! I think blyxa would be a possibility, but at the moment I'm trying to get this d@mn Lilaeopsis to spread out, lol. That shouldn't take too long with the second LED light arriving Friday.

Last edited by styxx; 08-31-2012 at 09:08 PM.. Reason: Correction
Old 08-31-2012, 09:15 PM   #71
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Thumbs up Little Update 8/31/12

Speaking of which, guess what (sorry about the crappy iPhone picture)!?! As you can see I'm still waiting on the delivery of the additional 12 pots of lilaeopsis mauritiana sometime tomorrow (hopefully) or Monday. I'm hoping that with double the lighting I'll be able to stimulate carpet growth faster. Lord knows it is bright in that tank now even 6 inches above the tank. I can't really begin to explain exactly how bright this tank is now. These LED fixtures are now at least as bright as regular aquarium CFL lights of any variety and I'm pretty happy about the reduced electricity, heat and wasted spectrum normally generated by regular CFL, T5/8/2, etc. lights. Hopefully I won't have any algae issues, which so far (knock on wood) I really haven't had too bad of a problem. I just wish that I could afford the d*mn $300 multi-controller for both of them.

Because of the additional light, I decided that I should give myself a little advantage in the perpetual war against algae. I also added some ottos and a loach to the "clean up crew" who have been very busy these days, lol. I also added some BioMax shrimp food from GLA, but so far they don't seem to be much interested, although the Ottos are loving it, lol.

Old 08-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #72
frrok
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (10/100%)

AHHH...... Now I see where your going with this layout. Looks much better when you step back a little! ... These lights kick Ass! I am so stoked on my light. THose look fantastic as a dual setup. Did you suspend them from the ceiling? and I can def see that you need more plants. good idea on getting more of the lilaeopsis..
The Fraternity of Dirt #11
Wabi-kusa Pimp #6

25cm Cube

ADA MINI-M Journal

ADA MINI-M REDUX
frrok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:13 AM   #73
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by frrok View Post
AHHH...... Now I see where your going with this layout. Looks much better when you step back a little! ... These lights kick Ass! I am so stoked on my light. THose look fantastic as a dual setup. Did you suspend them from the ceiling? and I can def see that you need more plants. good idea on getting more of the lilaeopsis..
Yes, they're awesome. I probably could have gotten away with one but with two I think I'll be set to grow pretty much anything. Yes, they're suspended from the ceiling, which is the only way to go for me, lol. Yes, I'm waiting on the liaeopsis and after that's been planted I'll be adding more to the right hand corner as well. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet until I'm absolutely sure what I want to use in that area.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #74
theblondskeleton
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice the lilaeopsis will likely do little for the first month or so, but it will fill in pretty well after that.

Pull the trigger already! It'll look great!
theblondskeleton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #75
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblondskeleton View Post
Nice the lilaeopsis will likely do little for the first month or so, but it will fill in pretty well after that.

Pull the trigger already! It'll look great!
Yes, I know, its weird how it does that strange, waiting game and then all of a sudden goes bat sh*t crazy, but Ive used it before although it was the brasiliensis variety (which took 3 months before it went wild). Well amazingly everything got here in great condition (despite "Priority Mail" taking 6 days to reach me). Now let's see how well they fare in this aquarium!? A quick and dirty iphone photo to keep your appetites up, lol. Note the bright green plants are the new pots...now if only I could get everything to grow together!!!:

Last edited by styxx; 09-05-2012 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: Update.

Tags
90p, ada, ada or die, aqua forest, grobeam 1000