ADA 90P Iwugami (56K Warning) Updated 5/16/2013 - Page 18
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-08-2013, 04:50 AM   #256
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Haha nice! That assassin will hopefully be the only snail left.
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 06:16 PM   #257
OKnights112
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Just read the whole thread. Lots of good info. Your tank is beautiful, keep it up. I love the shrimp.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #258
styxx
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx
Red face Quick Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex627 View Post
New livestock always makes us hobbyist happy! The shrimp look amazing in their new home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
Haha nice! That assassin will hopefully be the only snail left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKnights112 View Post
Just read the whole thread. Lots of good info. Your tank is beautiful, keep it up. I love the shrimp.
Thanks everyone for the support. I think I might need to add another 25 Amanos just in case since almost all of them have disappeared into the damn java fern! But I did notice that quite a few came out into foreground and got to work with today's water change. And boy do the Rasboras love Sundays because of it, lol. As for the Assassin, I think I'm going to need to buy a few more of those two since they're good but perhaps a little overwhelmed by the task in my aquarium. Since some have asked for another video, I shall do my best to supply you with one. Here's one from today, and though it's not a very long one, it does show you how crazy they get on water change days (I do 50% 1x week). Water Change Fiasco

Please forgive the lack of clarity (even in HD) as I'm using my iPhone camera to record the video. My water is actually quite pristine, I just wish I could accurately capture it but alas, I don't have the $$ for a decent camera when I spend it all on my aquarium and its equipment and livestock, lol.
styxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #259
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

Hehe nice! And that is money well spent.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #260
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Default Update 3/30/2013

Wow, has it really been that long since my last post! Well a few things have happened that I didn't expect. First, I accidentally left my CO2 on too long and gassed all but 4 of my harlequine rasboras; All but 2-3 of my Amanos died and all but 1-2 FRC survived. Then after that drama, my microsword stopped growing and I had an algae infestation took over. After much trouble shooting and a reduction in my dosing schedule, I finally figured out the problem. I needed more Fe in my substrate, so I bought another bottle of ADA Iron Bottom Long and Multi Bottom Long. You may also note that my photos no longer have as much microbubbles as they used to. I've since bought an inline CO2 diffusor from GLA and it works like a charm. The one that I had before worked well but its CO2 seemed to concentrate in only certain areas. Now its widely distributed after passing through my filter. And now things are back to normal, algae free growth. Additionally, my Needle Leaf Java was becoming truly monsterous in size and I literally had to cut it in half down the rhizome and I threw out a massive quantity that was algae infected and kept the best that was left. Once that plant gets going with CO2 and high light, forget about it. I was going through K light it was nothing! I've completely stopped additional Fe and P liquid dosing until the microsword starts to grow back again and I did a drastic cut & pull of the algae infected patches. I added some Phyton Git and now things are back to normal. Here are a few photos of the results as of today...Much thanks goes to Frank Wertzer from ADG and George Lo from Aqua Forest Aquarium for their sage advice and wisdom.

And lo and behold you can finally see my Seryiu stone again. I think I'm going to let the Microsword just grow all around it. I like the centralized background of the NLJF right now. My plan is to let it grow to twice its height and to add a few more pots in the spotty patches that are empty. Another additional benefit has been the amazing proliferation of my anubias nana. They are in spectacular condition, aka, "Amano perfection" level; Algae free and with a depth of green that I am perpetually amazed it. They've even sent runners all across the stone and now down into the substrate. I actually tried to pull them off the stone and they wouldn't budge - I think I'd have to cut them out now, lol!! My next project is to buy another larger seriyu stone for the middle and restock the tank with Amanos, FR cherries and the rasboras that I've lost. Amazingly, I didn't lose a single Otto in the entire escapade, they are some tough little bastards, lol. Sorry for the lengthy post and update. I'll try to be more productive, life is a little hectic right now around contract renewal time so please be patient with me (all three of you who are reading my thread, lol).

Old 03-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #261
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (713/100%)
Default Re: ADA 90P Iwugami (56K Warning) Updated 3/30/2013

Very nice!!
The NLJF is looking good!

And did I read correctly you have the inline co2 diffuser attached to your intake hose??

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #262
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
Very nice!!
The NLJF is looking good!

And did I read correctly you have the inline co2 diffuser attached to your intake hose??

Thanks. Yes that's right.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:39 PM   #263
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (713/100%)
Default Re: ADA 90P Iwugami (56K Warning) Updated 3/30/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by styxx View Post
Thanks. Yes that's right.
Do you ever get added noise or anything from the co2 mist enter your canister filter?

h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #264
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (57/100%)

thats still a tank to be proud of, regardless of any issues you may be recovering from. its a great looking display.

yeah, otos handle CO2 quite well. they were the only fish that never gasped on me when i was turning up my CO2 (of course they later died when my solenoid failed, but that killed everything else too).
Old 03-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #265
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
Do you ever get added noise or anything from the co2 mist enter your canister filter?

Nope, not a sound, its completely silent. When one firsts connects it to the inflow you will have some bubbles in your canister filter that may annoy the hell out of you, but eventually with a little patience you can eliminate it and it will run without you even knowing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
thats still a tank to be proud of, regardless of any issues you may be recovering from. its a great looking display.

yeah, otos handle CO2 quite well. they were the only fish that never gasped on me when i was turning up my CO2 (of course they later died when my solenoid failed, but that killed everything else too).
Thanks. Well they are pretty strong little things. I picked up another 5 today, but they were soooo tiny I almost passed on it, then I realized that they like to be in groups so and the ones I have might be lonely, so I bit the bullet and now they're all swimming around together (when the swim around at all that is, lol).
Old 03-31-2013, 08:04 AM   #266
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

Looking better than ever!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:26 AM   #267
buttons
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

miceoswords look nice. I hope the ones i planted on my new tank will eventually be as successful.
buttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:09 AM   #268
snailer
Algae Grower

PTrader: (67/100%)

Tank looks great man. How are you liking the led grow beam panel? I have one over a 60p and am loving it.
snailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:38 PM   #269
styxx
Wannabe Guru

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green_Flash View Post
Looking better than ever!
Thanks Green Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttons View Post
miceoswords look nice. I hope the ones i planted on my new tank will eventually be as successful.
Yes, they're doing really well now, but be patient, they will take quite a while to get going; it's definitely not the easiest plant in the world, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snailer View Post
Tank looks great man. How are you liking the led grow beam panel? I have one over a 60p and am loving it.
Snailer, I'm in love. I'll never buy anything but LEDs from now on.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #270
Uptown193
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Murderer!!! :-)

Tags
90p, ada, ada or die, aqua forest, grobeam 1000