If Orlando around?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Green Leaf Aquariums > Green Leaf Aquariums Archive

Old 10-01-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
farrenator
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

If Orlando around?

I tried contacting him through his website and work # last week and haven't heard back. Maybe he is on vacation or traveling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (141/100%)

I got no replies to my emails from 2 weeks ago ...
Hope he's ok
Old 10-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

I don't think the guy ever comes to this site, I asked him a question about Rimless tanks on this forum and I'm still waiting on an answer from 10-07-2011.

Kinda hard to take him & his company seriously.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
chunkychun
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)

Strange you hear all these great report of good service though
Old 10-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
bitFUUL
Aquaponics FTW!

PTrader: (18/100%)

He is a sponsor in TPT, go directly to GLA's site with questions.
They have a phone number with calling hours, never had a problem getting him on the phone.

[50g][30g][18g][12g][11.4g][7.5g][7.13g][5.5g][4.1g][3g] - [grow][pond]
Old 10-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
SpeedKilz
Welcome to Algaeville

PTrader: (19/100%)

I've seen another thread similar to this in regards of contacting GLA with questions where Orlando himself replied and did say that contacting him directly through his website or possibly forum (Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts) would be the best means for him to answer your questions.

There are so many forums out there for planted tanks, I'd figure it would be difficult to keep up on making the rounds to answer questions, especially running your own business & forum.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #7
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001

PTrader: (385/100%)

Being a business owner is not an easy task. He use to be quite active on this site but since 2012, I haven't seen him post at all. I know he's now got his own plant nursery so the man may just be much more busier now than before.

I'd give him a call directly or as suggested, shoot him an email via his website.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:59 PM   #8
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

While I do understand people get busy, the whole point of having a sponsor's forum it to be available to potential and existing customers. If it get's down to only being able to contact via his website, then what's the point of this forum?

Without actual involvement with the membership, Orlando or any Site Sponsor is just another web shop. I have and am still willing to buy and sometimes pay a bit more from a sponsor when the sponsor is an active part of this community.

Site Sponsorship benefits the ownership, involvement in the community here benefits the membership. Loyalty does have it's price.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #9
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001

PTrader: (385/100%)

I can't answer for the guy. I'm just saying how hectic things can get from first hand accounts of having my own business now.

There's never an excuse when it comes to customer service so I totally understand your point of view Frank.

I'm a firm believer in stellar customer service.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #10
SpeedKilz
Welcome to Algaeville

PTrader: (19/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
While I do understand people get busy, the whole point of having a sponsor's forum it to be available to potential and existing customers. If it get's down to only being able to contact via his website, then what's the point of this forum?

Without actual involvement with the membership, Orlando or any Site Sponsor is just another web shop. I have and am still willing to buy and sometimes pay a bit more from a sponsor when the sponsor is an active part of this community.

Site Sponsorship benefits the ownership, involvement in the community here benefits the membership. Loyalty does have it's price.
Maybe GLA's goals with the forum has changed. This is just me spit-balling, but maybe when they started he used the forum to get the word out, see what consumers want and answer questions. Now that they appear very well established, TPT could just be a marketing tool to post new product drops and sales. It's like some local sponsor being on the jersey of a 5 year playing baseball. How much do they really have to do with that kids game?

I definitely see where you are coming from as far as what your role should be when you are part of TPT community. For how things are trending these days, and how marketing has changed - social media has become a full time job and has helped a lot of companies in their marketing. As GLA continues to grow, they might consider a full time social media employee to keep on on Facebook, TPT, APE, Barr Report, APC, etc. Transition is tough, but good and GLA has always been great with customer service in my opinion and they may just be spread a little thin currently.