My new Iwagumi
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Photography

Old 05-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
andwutt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Cool

My new Iwagumi

my new 5 gal iwagumi! planted just about 3 days ago! how long do you think i should wait before adding critters? i want to wait until the plants start taking root so they won't get knocked out of place. i'm planing on maybe 7 tetras, 2 ghost shrimp and 2 oto catfish. you think that might be overdoing it for a 5 gal?

let me know what you think!

http://instagr.am/p/KHfXeDp6Z8/
andwutt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Wasserpest
Are these real?

PTrader: (163/100%)

I think it looks not bad! Not a big fan of fake backgrounds. If you would move the filtration to the right side (dark area) it would look even better (less clutter), at least in a photo.

Personally, I would not put Otos in a tiny "tank" like this. Despite their small size, they like to zip back and forth in a 4ft tank. As for Tetras, probably very small ones. 5gal is really not much water for fast swimming fish. I think some livebearer would be a better choice. Shrimp, Ghost or not, would be an excellent choice.

I'd wait a couple of weeks to make sure the tank has settled down and the filter has established bacteria before adding critters. Also make sure you measure and verify that Ammonium and Nitrites are @ zero before adding animals.

And totally off-topic - this would have probably better fit in the tank journals section. Unless you are going to focus on your photographic results.
Wasserpest is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.