Coralife t5no 30" - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 05-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #31
Caleb19
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Heh, the same situation happened to me. Emailed customer support with no response for a week. Got impatient and decided to call them as well. I was transferred to their customer support, but no one ever answered my call. In fact it was dead silence the entire time, no waiting room music or anything. Finally I decided to give a product review and that's when I got my response.
Caleb19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #32
kamikazi
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

On hold waiting for someone in customer service to pick up. I'm not sure if I still have my invoice from where I purchased the light. If I don't and they don't replace it I will probably just forget it and switch to CFLs in work lights like my other tanks.

Well no one ever picked up the operator said that the department was short handed today. Anyway, left a message for them to call me back, we will see if that ever happens.
kamikazi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #33
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi View Post
On hold waiting for someone in customer service to pick up. I'm not sure if I still have my invoice from where I purchased the light. If I don't and they don't replace it I will probably just forget it and switch to CFLs in work lights like my other tanks.

Well no one ever picked up the operator said that the department was short handed today. Anyway, left a message for them to call me back, we will see if that ever happens.

lol i got sick of waiting on hold for that pet place to pick up. i left them a message to call me back cus i lost my invoice from them and need them to email me another one, so i left a message, no call back yet lol. i'm not to shocked :-/.

this is becoming more of a hassel then i feel like the light is worth....at this rate i will end up with a million 30' T5NOs because everyones answer is to just send me another fixture.
Aquatic Delight is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 04:01 PM   #34
kamikazi
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic Delight View Post
lol i got sick of waiting on hold for that pet place to pick up. i left them a message to call me back cus i lost my invoice from them and need them to email me another one, so i left a message, no call back yet lol. i'm not to shocked :-/.

this is becoming more of a hassel then i feel like the light is worth....at this rate i will end up with a million 30' T5NOs because everyones answer is to just send me another fixture.
I went straight to the manufacturer, I didn't bother calling the store I bought it from. I figured if I went through the store it would be less likely they would send me the update model.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #35
Tiger
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I'm on my 4th one of these in 3 weeks from Amazon. All bulbs turn black in 1-2 days then die. I have several other coralife fixtures in the 24 in length that are great. This one is just plain aweful.
Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 08:22 PM   #36
randyl
Wannabe Guru

Hmm... i was planning to get a 36" T5NO from Coralife, guess I better go back to do more research. Any other alternative for 36" T5NO (I don't want HO)? Even the one bulb version.
randyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 09:47 PM   #37
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (402/100%)

randyl: Please read these threads carefully. They're mostly (this one, specifically) about the 30" fixture having problems - specifically, older model units. All other sizes rarely have problems.

Those who have had problems with old units that get new replacements (not just older models that their LFS have on-hand - but replacements from Coralife) don't have problems.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #38
Hmoobthor
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

are u guys buying the old coralife t5?

well ...stop buying it if you have problem.

get the aqueon brand which has been remodle from the original coralife.
Eheim Pimp Club #506
Hmoobthor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #39
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (402/100%)

Central Aquatics still manufactures both the Aqueon and Coralife fixtures. One hasn't replaced the other.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #40
randyl
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post
randyl: Please read these threads carefully. They're mostly (this one, specifically) about the 30" fixture having problems - specifically, older model units. All other sizes rarely have problems.

Those who have had problems with old units that get new replacements (not just older models that their LFS have on-hand - but replacements from Coralife) don't have problems.
Yes, I did read it carefully and post #30 mentioned 36" has the same issue. As I'll be picking one up in the states (I'm in Canada) so I want to be extra careful.
randyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 03:05 PM   #41
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

Quote:
I went straight to the manufacturer, I didn't bother calling the store I bought it from. I figured if I went through the store it would be less likely they would send me the update model.
i called corallife , but they want a copy of my invoice inorder to replace it. so i have to deal with that pet place to get it, because i lost it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmoobthor View Post
are u guys buying the old coralife t5?

well ...stop buying it if you have problem.

get the aqueon brand which has been remodle from the original coralife.

well if i had known that this was problem when i bought it i wouldn't have bought it duh! but in all of my searches for reviews this issue never reared its ugly head.

Hillstream/Boreno Loach Refuge
my 29g story
Old 05-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #42
s_s
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have two of these lights, one I bought 5 years ago that I've never had an issue with and one I bought two months ago.

The new one has been through 4 bulbs and I have contacted coralife to try and get a replacement. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquatic Delight View Post
i called corallife , but they want a copy of my invoice inorder to replace it. so i have to deal with that pet place to get it, because i lost it.
Yet another convenience reason to shop for everything online. Emails never disappear.

Sorry, about your luck.
s_s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 PM   #43
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_s View Post
I have two of these lights, one I bought 5 years ago that I've never had an issue with and one I bought two months ago.

The new one has been through 4 bulbs and I have contacted coralife to try and get a replacement. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Yet another convenience reason to shop for everything online. Emails never disappear.

Sorry, about your luck.
i did shop on-line, now that i think about it i think i got it through amazon, so the invoice might be there!!!! oh JOY!!!! i have to look now!

my 29g story
Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #44
kamikazi
Planted Tank Guru

Got back in touch with Coralife, said they need a proof of purchase and will send me a replacement. I looked through my email and couldn't find it so I'm hoping I kept the paper copy.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #45
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

Quote:
Got back in touch with Coralife, said they need a proof of purchase and will send me a replacement. I looked through my email and couldn't find it so I'm hoping I kept the paper copy.

where did you buy it? i did infact buy mine from amazon, i went to puchases in the last 6 months, found the light, and they have a link to the invoice. so i copy pasted it into an email.

my 29g story

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.