Albuquerque - Page 9
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New Mexico

Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #121
Gomer
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDesert View Post
Another Santa Fean! Nice to "meet" you! Will you be at the meeting next weekend?
:-D Transplant at that! Only been out here for a couple years. CA otherwise. I won't be at any near meeting, but it is good to hear that you are having them. I'm wanting to wait till I am "finalized" with a tank actually having fresh water :P I have a bunch of old gear and current reef that I need to contend with first.
Gomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #122
saddletramp
Saddletramp

The best plants you can get will come from the people on this forum.

No LFS anywhere could offer you the variety, quality and convenience of all there is to offer in the way of plants and, often, hardware. That is not even mentioning the knowledge and help that is only a post away.

TPT rules!!
Bill
saddletramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #123
skywhitney
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomer View Post
:-D Transplant at that! Only been out here for a couple years. CA otherwise. I won't be at any near meeting, but it is good to hear that you are having them. I'm wanting to wait till I am "finalized" with a tank actually having fresh water :P I have a bunch of old gear and current reef that I need to contend with first.
I might have to pick your brain about your reef I'm starting a reef tank next month and I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing lol.
Fluval Pimp #41
skywhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #124
HighDesert
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddletramp View Post

No LFS anywhere could offer you the variety, quality and convenience of all there is to offer in the way of plants and, often, hardware. That is not even mentioning the knowledge and help that is only a post away.

TPT rules!!
Bill
Every plant in my tanks, except for one Java fern, has come from forum members! I agree -- this is the best place to get beautiful, healthy, loved plants. It's still fun to check the local riverbanks and ponds for the occasional specimen, though!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #125
Gomer
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddletramp View Post

TPT rules!!
Bill
Before reefing, I did planted tanks for about 7 years. I had a lot of luck with online orders plus some "connections." Definitely have my ears bent with the local group I have most of the hardware still, although I need a new canister (sold all the old ones).
Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #126
Gomer
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywhitney View Post
I might have to pick your brain about your reef I'm starting a reef tank next month and I feel like I have no clue what I'm doing lol.
Sure thing! There is a reefing group in ABQ, but it is really only a few people. Check into NewMACS on ReefCentral as well as the facebook group.

Reefs are fun ...and expensive lol. There is a fairly new shop that opened in ABQ that you might want to look into. I haven't been there, but others report good things (Vivid). There is also SW Reef Co.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 PM   #127
HighDesert
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Well, welcome to weird Santa Fe. :-) I was born and raised here, so I can't even imagine how odd it must be to people from more "normal" places. Are you in Santa Fe proper? Once you decide you're ready for your planted tank, let me know and I should have a nice bunch of plants to get you started off with by then. :-)
Old 07-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #128
Gomer
Wannabe Guru

Thanks. I'm actually out in Eldorado, although I work in Santa Fe (proper). Anaheim, CA --> Irvine, CA --> Livermore, CA --> Santa fe, NM. I transitioned so it wasn't a total shock :-D

I'm already planning my tank in my head! I need to first clear out reef livestock and lots of gear, then see about converting my sump into a wet-dry.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:18 PM   #129
HighDesert
Wannabe Guru

Oh my gosh! So am I! About 1/4 mile from the La Tienda. How are you liking it out here?

Quote:
Thanks. I'm actually out in Eldorado, although I work in Santa Fe (proper). Anaheim, CA --> Irvine, CA --> Livermore, CA --> Santa fe, NM. I transitioned so it wasn't a total shock :-D

I'm already planning my tank in my head! I need to first clear out reef livestock and lots of gear, then see about converting my sump into a wet-dry.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #130
Gomer
Wannabe Guru

Love it out here. Simply love it. I'm a bit further in sorta off of Compadres. Im sure we will cross in due time (if we haven't already :P...if you happen go to the dog park/classes, then we might have!)
Old 07-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #131
dwarfgourami
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Albuquerque Meet Up

I hope that I am responding to the correct post. I hope this is the one about a club meet up on July 28 from 2:30-3. Has anyone decided on a location yet? Keep me posted, please. I have a lunch time meeting as well but would like to go to this meeting as well.

Gotta go to an exercise club within 10 minutes. Let me know....
dwarfgourami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:38 AM   #132
skywhitney
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfgourami View Post
I hope that I am responding to the correct post. I hope this is the one about a club meet up on July 28 from 2:30-3. Has anyone decided on a location yet? Keep me posted, please. I have a lunch time meeting as well but would like to go to this meeting as well.

Gotta go to an exercise club within 10 minutes. Let me know....
This is the correct post. No place has been decided yet that I have seen.

we are open for suggestions. I'm going to refrain since there is a chance I won't be able to make it.
Fluval Pimp #41
Old 07-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #133
Garlic
Algae Grower

I have a lot of cooking to do for an upcoming catering event. My travel plans just got hecktic too, looks like Zambia is in my near future.

Fluval Pimp #34 2 - 55's, 8 - 40B's IP
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #134
skywhitney
Algae Grower

So due to lack of attendees and organization we're probably going to call a "No Go" for the meeting tomorrow. As far as i know there was only 1 or 2 people who were able to make it anyway.

With that being said and sticking to the same scheduling convention the next meeting would be on August 25th, 2012 at 2pm. Scheduling this now should give everyone sufficient notice to be able to make the meeting if possible. Any objections?
Fluval Pimp #41
Old 07-27-2012, 11:52 PM   #135
Garlic
Algae Grower

I will put it on my calendar, Not so sure about my customer in Zambia though, yea, got the call yesterday, might be there next month. If I am in town I will be there!!!

Fluval Pimp #34 2 - 55's, 8 - 40B's IP
Garlic is offline   Reply With Quote