Ei fertilizing for nano tanks
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 12-30-2013, 12:57 AM   #1
aviator300

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ei fertilizing for nano tanks

I've been keeping planted tanks for some time now but all of them are or were 20 gal plus.
I use the EI method of fertilizing and also Co2 injection. I've had success maintaining planted tanks this way, but since I moved to a small apartment something had to go and that was my 29g and 20g tanks. I was visiting a LFS who had a beautiful display of planted nano aquariums with high lighting growing the most healthy, green Glosso and HC I've seen in a while. Well, I was sold on nano's right then.

Anyway, I now have a 6gal Eheim Aquastyle aquarium with the led lighting and I was planning to use Co2 and EI ferts just like my bigger tanks although with scaled down doses.

Does anyone do this with their nanos or do most folks do something else.
I have not set up the tank yet and wanted to get some input on my plans before I run out and overdo things.
BTW ill probably have few if any very small fish but for sure will add Shrimp.
aviator300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 02:40 AM   #2
prighello
Shrimp Bane

PTrader: (2/100%)

There was a guy several years ago that wrote up a thread on EI dosing for a 3 gallon. If you can find the thread you could just double his measurements and be set. If I recall he used dry ferts to make a solution and then went from there.

I'm planning to dig it up and go EI on my nano once my CO2 equipment arrives. Good luck.

Here it is:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41981

Last edited by prighello; 01-04-2014 at 04:47 AM.. Reason: link
prighello is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.