GSAS B-I-G General Aquatic Auction
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 03-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

GSAS B-I-G General Aquatic Auction

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (your local aquarium club since 1971) is having its B-I-G Annual Auction!!

There will be new and used equipment (plants/fish/substrate/lights/filters/tanks/ stands/etc) mostly freshwater but marine folk can score great deals too - we never know what will show up! Most of the plants and fish available will be locally grown: corys, killies, cichlids, shrimp, koi, common and rare aquatic plants (No plants off the “do not sell” list).

You must be a member to sell; everyone can buy: cash or personal checks preferred

Our auction will be held at a new, larger location this year. It will be at the West Seattle Christian Church Gymnasium, 4400 42nd Avenue Southwest, Seattle, WA. The church is conveniently located at the intersection of SW. Genesee St. and 42nd Ave. SW just 6 blocks from the West Seattle Bridge.

No admission charge, accessible, family friendly (but no furry/feathered pets please), lots of free parking

Saturday April 14th starts at 10:00 until ??; Registration and Check-in starts at 9:00; early check out available

The money raised at this auction helps GSAS bring world class speakers to our community for our free lecture series presented at our regular meetings on the second Tuesday of the month. In the last year we have offered presentations by Ad Konings, Karen Randall, Oliver Lucanus, Lawrence Kent, Chuck Rambo, Tom Barr, Gary Lange, and Dick Au just to name a few. Next September GSAS is pleased to sponsor a presentation by international speaker Christel Kasselmann who will be our lead off speaker for the 2012-13 season!

We are generously sponsored by many of the local fish stores and numerous aquarium supply manufacturers.

See our web page at GSAS.org for more information.

Keywords: Aquarium Fish Tank Fishtank Tanks Aquarium Aquariums Aquatic Plants Tropical Fish

Last edited by Seattle_Aquarist; 04-04-2012 at 10:30 PM..
Seattle_Aquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:12 PM   #2
SteveMcQueen
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Oh, this is too close to miss. Hopefully get some shrimps. Thanks!
SteveMcQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
alfalfa
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Saturday will work great. Even last night my wife gave me a hard time about taking her to our first auction on Valentine's Day. But she quickly said, "YES" when I asked her if she was going to go to April's with me.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #4
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi SteveMcQueen and alfalfa,

Glad to hear that you are going to be there! Our auctions are always a lot of fun and there is usually a wide variety of fish, plants, hard goods, available!

Old 04-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi All,

Just a reminder that our GSAS B-I-G General Auction is coming up a week from this coming Saturday (April 14th) and that we are having the auction at a new, larger, more accessible location in West Seattle. Visit www.GSAS.org for more information about the location and time of the event.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #6
Kehy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (7/100%)

too bad I'm on the wrong side of the state, sounds like it'll be great!
Kehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Aqua_chem
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I would probably spend guilty amounts of money on this if it was anywhere near me. But alas! Tis not so!
Aqua_chem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Two words.........Road Trip!!! lol

Old 04-10-2012, 02:13 PM   #9
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi All,

Our GSAS B-I-G General Auction is just four (4) days away (Saturday - April 14th); don't miss out! Click here for more information!

Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #10
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

I WANNA GO! But alas, I cannot.

I did post some posters in Spokane though

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #11
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Thanks PlantMan!

Old 04-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi All,

Just a quick reminder that our GSAS B-I-G General Auction is tomorrow, April 14th at the West Seattle Christian Church gymnasium. The first 300 bidders in the door will receive a Foster and Smith gift bag with coupons, food, and a $20 F&S Gift Certificate.

In addition to all of the excellent corporate donations, our LFS Sponsor Stores have donated generously to our auction again this year. This is just some of what we will have:

For just a few of our GSAS Sponsor Stores

This too! 60" X 24" and 72" X 18" canopies and a 72" 3X MH 2X 96watt CFL fixture.

3X MH + 2X 96 watt CFL Fixture

Old 04-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi All,

I just wanted to thank everyone that came out and supported our club yesterday. Our new, larger General Auction space worked out great and thanks to you we had record attendance, items sold, and revenue for our club! Thanks to you we will continue to be able to invite first class speakers to our meetings such as Dick Au, Ad Konings, Oliver Lucanus, Tom Barr, Karen Randall, and coming next September....Christel Kasselmann!