Any LFS in Jacksonville area?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 03-31-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
gitusukka
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)
Smile

Any LFS in Jacksonville area?

Any LFS worthy to check out?
gitusukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #2
whickerda
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)

For planted tank ppl there's nothing great that I know of. However,
Pet Creations on N. Main is all around a decent pet store. If you're a reefer at all you're in luck because bioreef is one of the best stores for salty dogs anywhere.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
suspect bucket
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whickerda View Post
For planted tank ppl there's nothing great that I know of. However,
Pet Creations on N. Main is all around a decent pet store. If you're a reefer at all you're in luck because bioreef is one of the best stores for salty dogs anywhere.
Pet Creations is full of amazing staff, helpful people, and are amazingly nice. And if they don't have something common in stock you cant live without right that second, PetSmart down on Main+Airport in River City Plaza may have it (the petsmart is also very nice and not dumb) Pet the kitties for good fish luck!
suspect bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
drsyn67

Not in Jacksonville but I was in Gainesville yesterday near UF and there is a place called Aquatropics that was incredible for both FW Planted Tanks and Reef tanks. Highly recommended! I have been a long-time customer of Pet Creations but things aren't the same there anymore...
drsyn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
bulalo
Algae Grower

I get my plants from Ocean Reef along atlantic blvd at neptune beach. They have a good selection of plants every so often, look for ian he is the plant expert there.
bulalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 AM   #6
storrisch
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsyn67 View Post
Not in Jacksonville but I was in Gainesville yesterday near UF and there is a place called Aquatropics that was incredible for both FW Planted Tanks and Reef tanks. Highly recommended! I have been a long-time customer of Pet Creations but things aren't the same there anymore...
I am in town from Minneapolis this weekend and went to visit aquatropics today. I was disgusted. Dead fish in every third tank(including a 16" gar, not something accidentally overlooked.) Also counted numerous sick fish and razorblades laying amongst the substrate in more than one tank. This store could be nice but it is suffering from neglect and a lack of compassion.

Gonna tour a few other stores before I fly out Monday and am hoping for better results. At this point I'm glad I live in Minneapolis for our dense population of high end LFS.

The Fraternity of Dirt #52
storrisch is offline   Reply With Quote