|03-26-2012, 08:27 PM||#1|
Two birds, one stone - Lighting suggestions for 2 SPECS (nano).
I just set up 2 Fluval Specs (2 gallons each) side by side and I want to upgrade to 1 SINGLE light instead of having to run 2 stock lights that aren't very good to begin with.
The tanks side by side measure just over 14" across.
What I'm looking for:
- Something for my lowlight to medium light plants (anubias, narrow leaf java, staurogyne repens, rotala, bacopa, frogbit, duckweed, salvinia with excel dosing)
- 1 plug or adapter. I don't have anymore outlets on my power bar to fit something really large. I'd rather plug in one and that's it.
- LED preferably, but doesn't have to be. Could be compact flourescent.
- Nothing that will require me to remove the light to access the top (w/lid) or get in the way of cleaning.
- Under $75 or lower would be great.
- Both tanks sit on my desk next to my comp so it would be nice if the light could give off some ambient light as well.
So far I am considering just moving one of my 13W Ebi lights over and angling it so that it lights both tanks. At 13W it still gives off more than enough light for 2 tanks...I hope. Morainy also mentioned a Coralife fixture so I'm also considering the 11", but can't find much about it. If anyone has pictures of how it is attached to the tank that would be great. Don't want it to interfere with the tops. Another one I saw at Aquariums West is the Azoo Led Neo, but also not a lot of info on it available.
|ebi, fluval spec, lighting, nano|