Need MS Excel Help! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 03-10-2012, 02:18 PM   #16
wendyjo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Actually I'm not selling anything - that was just an example I used to show what I need. This is for my office job but either way I am limited to Excel and we have no IT department to help with stuff like this.
wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #17
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rroginela View Post
The issue is that a person trying to accomplish a specific task does not need something that needs to be customized when a specific tool is available that does that specific job. I could do what he wants with Word and Access and Excel or all 3 at the same time that isn't the issue. For you it may be profitable and even useful to do all this stuff with Excel because your job is to work with Excel, unfortunately this person sounds like he/she is selling something so for them to spend a bunch of time customizing Excel seems like a waste of time when he/she could setup a POS or CRM that would do all of that just once and not worry OR go through a bunch of hoops to make Excel do things.
Rafal
The thing, we don't know the original posters purpose for this. The gave an example as Avon but that doesn't mean they are doing sales at all. Maybe they have to produce a pivot table report every week with both sets of data and hand it in, does your opensource POS software do that? What if they have to email the spreadsheet to headquarters every month? How much time would they waste exporting the data from the POS software into the format headquarters needs the spreadsheet to be in.

You assumed by their analogy they are in sales and free POS will solve all their problems. I assumed they used Excel for a reason and gave a solution to do the problem they asked.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
rroginela
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyjo View Post
Actually I'm not selling anything - that was just an example I used to show what I need. This is for my office job but either way I am limited to Excel and we have no IT department to help with stuff like this.
Well then obviously with that bit of info all my typing was for nothing. It would have applied to the example.

Good luck,
Rafal

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
rroginela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
rroginela
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeToChKn View Post
The thing, we don't know the original posters purpose for this. The gave an example as Avon but that doesn't mean they are doing sales at all. Maybe they have to produce a pivot table report every week with both sets of data and hand it in, does your opensource POS software do that? What if they have to email the spreadsheet to headquarters every month? How much time would they waste exporting the data from the POS software into the format headquarters needs the spreadsheet to be in.

You assumed by their analogy they are in sales and free POS will solve all their problems. I assumed they used Excel for a reason and gave a solution to do the problem they asked.
You are right I assumed that the example actually had something to do with the problem, and I was wrong. The op corrected me already.

Rafal

Sent from my A100 using Tapatalk
rroginela is offline   Reply With Quote