My natural aquarium-pond
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Ponds

Old 06-11-2014, 06:06 AM   #1
adive
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

My natural aquarium-pond

Since I did a lot of reading on the ponds subforum and use a lot of natural principles and like to think of my 15g aquarium as a pond, would like to post a link to my journal here.

Been running this tank for 2 months and am happy with it. The link's in my signature below. My tank photography skills arent good at all. Also the scaping could have been better had I got more info about the plants (especially aponogetons) I have in there while setting up the tank. They are in the foreground and have grown huge, should have been in the back actually.
adive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2014, 07:07 AM   #2
AGUILAR3
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adive View Post
Also the scaping could have been better had I got more info about the plants (especially aponogetons) I have in there while setting up the tank. They are in the foreground and have grown huge, should have been in the back actually.
Since you are calling it a pond, having specific fore,mid and background plants would have made it look like a scaped aquarium. IMO, I think the random placed plants makes the pond look more natural.
AGUILAR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:58 AM   #3
adive
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGUILAR3 View Post
Since you are calling it a pond, having specific fore,mid and background plants would have made it look like a scaped aquarium. IMO, I think the random placed plants makes the pond look more natural.
Thanks AGUILAR. Its interesting to see your perspective & I appreciate it. I will try pics with my other point & shoot camera. The tank looks much better in person. All the posted pics are from a cell phone.

I think I should cut some of the biggest apon leaves so that the lower plants get more light.
adive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
natural tank