12G Club: Got a 12 GalloN RimlesS or wanna get 1? PoSt/SeE HeRe! - Page 11
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 04-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #151
yellowsno
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (24/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipadj46 View Post
lol I ordered my 12g from marine depot a month ago, still waiting patiently...
Ditto with daily checks on when they might arrive... If I had the space I would run dual 12 longs
yellowsno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #152
yellowsno
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (24/100%)

Marine depot.. 5-7 days almost there guys and gals
yellowsno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #153
dasob85
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

thought i'd throw this out there, but if you make sure you have everything else ready when the tank arrives so you can just start setup. I was missing things left and right and waited an extra 2 weeks before I could start setting my tank up. Of course, many of you are probably smarter than me lol
dasob85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #154
Romagjack
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have the 12L with the Marineland 36" double brights. Had to put a 1/4" plexi cover on it because of 2 cats and jumping fish. No CO2 but not much luck with plants so far. Tank has been set up for 3 months and I'm just now getting algae under control with Otos and Nerites. I have the light fixture directly on top of the lid and love the color and shimmer but it does keep the tank temp rather high at about 78 degrees F. The location of the tank doesn't allow me to raise the fixture. I've recently removed my melting mid to high light plants (that seem to be doing well in my 6 gallon Eheim shrimp tank) and replaced with low light plants. Hope they will do better. I want to make it a low maintenance tank but don't seem to have a green thumb with this setup. I have it set up on top of a roll top desk so I can't raise the lighting as I have to look up to see the tank and looking directly into LEDs is no fun. Is the light too bright for anubias and crypts (or not bright enough thru the plexi)? Is the temp too warm? Do I need to dose? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	45853  

Last edited by Romagjack; 04-17-2012 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: include photo
Romagjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #155
MsNemoShrimp
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...

PTrader: (424/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasob85 View Post
thought i'd throw this out there, but if you make sure you have everything else ready when the tank arrives so you can just start setup. I was missing things left and right and waited an extra 2 weeks before I could start setting my tank up. Of course, many of you are probably smarter than me lol
I believe lots of us are in the same shoe. No one is really "ready" I would say when it comes to starting up a new tank. You can never be "ready" for these things right? Lol. Always trying to make it better
Old 04-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #156
Warlock
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsno View Post
Marine depot.. 5-7 days almost there guys and gals
Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 PM   #157
MsNemoShrimp
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...

PTrader: (424/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagjack View Post
I have the 12L with the Marineland 36" double brights. Had to put a 1/4" plexi cover on it because of 2 cats and jumping fish. No CO2 but not much luck with plants so far. Tank has been set up for 3 months and I'm just now getting algae under control with Otos and Nerites. I have the light fixture directly on top of the lid and love the color and shimmer but it does keep the tank temp rather high at about 78 degrees F. The location of the tank doesn't allow me to raise the fixture. I've recently removed my melting mid to high light plants (that seem to be doing well in my 6 gallon Eheim shrimp tank) and replaced with low light plants. Hope they will do better. I want to make it a low maintenance tank but don't seem to have a green thumb with this setup. I have it set up on top of a roll top desk so I can't raise the lighting as I have to look up to see the tank and looking directly into LEDs is no fun. Is the light too bright for anubias and crypts (or not bright enough thru the plexi)? Is the temp too warm? Do I need to dose? Thanks.
Beautiful way to put your tank I believe the light could be switched with a clip on so that it has more air exchange and it doesn't get so hot or high in WPG. With the marina, unless you hang it up I don't see any other to increase the height of the light.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:58 PM   #158
sockfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty06 View Post
I want a 12 long really bad now looking at all the pics..... will have to wait till my bday.(June 4) I'm a kid on a kid budget so any advice on making this low cost as possible?
Hey Smitty--don't feel bad. I've had my tank sitting empty on my nitestand forever waiting to be able to afford all the gear. I'm using the time to watch everyone post their journals so I can learn from their builds.

Romagjack--I really like where you've situated your tank. Where do you hide the filter and wires and such? It looks so neat.

On another note, I know everyone seems to be waiting on their Mr Aqua tanks--has anyone considered the GLA tank or are they also on backorder? [yes, I know they're a little pricier...]

Can't wait for the explosion of tank journals once that Mr Aqua order ships!

sox
Old 04-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #159
dasob85
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well, at least have the substrate ready lol, Maybe having the driftwood soaking already so it doesn't float. stuff like that. I agree one can never be truly ready.

personally i can't wait to see everyone's tank journals! this is gonna be awesome.

romagjack, your tank looks great! check out this guy's journal, he has 2 clipon lights which look very nice too.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/ta...llon-long.html
Old 04-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #160
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (438/100%)

Raise that light up! I have mine more than foot above the substrate and have great growth with no CO2. Otherwise, you're in for a world of algae hurt. Seems others have similar experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romagjack View Post
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #161
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)

or shorten the photo period!!!

I like your setup with tanks surrounding your monitor you can keep an eye on them at all times when your using the computer. As far as new tanks go I think 6 months to a year are comfortable terms in being able to say all is well or the tank has settled in, right now every time you make the smallest change the tank will respond so just remember to take it slow and after a single change wait before you try another but it looks good so far.

BTW welcome to the forum Romagjack, it took me a little more reading to realize this isn't your thread.
150EH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #162
jingleberry
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Mr. Aqua has confirmed twice on their Facebook that the new shipment of tanks and accessories are arriving this week. Hopefully tanks ship out next week. I'm still trying to figure out what type of scape I want. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:51 PM   #163
dasob85
Planted Tank Enthusiast

my thoughts? if you are gonna do hc, make sure your branches dont jut out of the water or it will make netting the cuttings a pain lol.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #164
sayurasem
SCAPEr

Anyone know where and how much is the price of Mr. Aqua Brand Stand?
http://mraqua.net/products/hardwood-...ardwood-stand/

It's been discontinued on marinedepot... Just wondering how much does it cost? rough estimates?

**Right now my tank is sitting on the floor carpet, if you look at my journal my tank only has rocks on the left side of the tank. Thus I can see the tank is Lopsided little bit / Drowned to the left by the carpet floor. Just kind of scared getting the "ADA" style stand for this tank... might do a flip. **SoCal prone to earthquakes...
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #165
jingleberry
Planted Member

I remember seeing it for around $350 for the tank/stand combo. No idea if that was msrp or a sale price tho.

Tags
12 gallon long, 12 gallon rimless, mr aqua, nano tanks, stand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.