My attempt at a Riparium - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 09-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #61
newday3000
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

After looking at the pictures online, mine is not the same, the front class is curved as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #62
kalawai2000
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Still a very cool tank How is your tank?
Old 09-16-2012, 01:38 AM   #63
newday3000
Planted Tank Obsessed

The tank is now turning into a grow out tank for zone 7 and above pond plants I want to keep alive over winter. I moved the Kribs I had in this tank to my 75G high tech and they just had babies. very cool, first time breeding these fish.

I added Black Taro which had leaves die off but new growth is visible in this picture and added Morning Glory which is not a marginal plant but trying to keep it alive using a planter and keep it's roots barely in the water.

I am dosing Calcium Nitrate (bought the wrong stuff for my 75G EI dosing). I though what the hell dose the Riparium plants with Calcium Nitrate which still has 40% Nitrate in it.

I am also using fert tabs in the pond planter next to the Sunburst day lily and Taro. The Sunburst did amazing in my pond so I split it and dropped it in the Riparium to see what happens. It's go new leaves that have opened up so it must like it's new home for the winter.

I will post updates on how my experiment goes.

It's not typically Riparium anymore, I kept the filter running with heater and fogger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 09-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #64
newday3000
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm turning this tank into a marginal plant experiment for the winter. I closed down my pond and set it up for overwintering today. I found some rhizomes of plants that I dropped into the tank to see if they will grow.

The Taro is starting new leaves now and doing well. The canna lily is sending up new leaves, I dropped in some Parrots feather to see how it does inside.

Planted licorice plant in a planter to see how it does, sweet grass, morning glory is blooming now, and show lots of signs of more growth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348449620.824376.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	54287  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348449643.845549.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	54288  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.