Schuber Wright Products Available!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Finnex / Schuber Wright

Old 11-16-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Lowe
Finnex

PTrader: (2/100%)

Schuber Wright Products Available!

Finnex, the new official North American agent of Schuber Wright products! A bit about one of the new aquariums:

The Crustacean Star rimless aquarium features a light equipped stand. The light specifications are as follows: one 4W DC LED (6000k daylight) and one 4W blue DC LED (460nm). As given the option of two 4W DC LEDs. This ultra high grade glass is 6mm thick constructed of super white 91.5% transparency low iron glass.

The LED bars can be rotated with ease. You also have control of adjusting the LED lamps angle where the fixture's bar meets the lamp head. With the LED lamps facing out and parallel to the ground, from the base the aquarium sits to the LED's fixture's adjustable lamp head, one measures 14" while the other 15.25" tall. The base the aquarium sits measures 13" x 8.5".

Let me know if you have any questions and I will gladly assist you! Thanks!

http://finnex.net/index.php?option=c...&Itemid=61

Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2011, 05:16 AM   #2
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Welcome to the forum!

These are some interesting new tank and technology options.

Two requests/suggestions:

1) the beveled edges of the front glass don't seem to show up very well in the photograph over on the Finnex web site. I would imagine that they need a proper angle and higher quality photo to properly display them. In most of the small photos posted on the Finnex site the beveling ends up making the tank look like it has trim on the top rim. It is a shame to have a high quality (and aesthetically pleasing) feature actually look worse in the photos.

2) there are not prices yet for many of the tanks and bits of equipment on the Finnex/Schuber Wright site. Those products that do have pricing seem to have pretty good pricing for the quality of product being offered so I am looking forward to seeing what the other pricing options are.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
Storm
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

These look pretty sweet - for around $200 you can get the kit with a 4 gallon low iron aquarium, 2 daylight LED lights, and a Finnex canister filter. It seems like the tank also comes with a garden mat attached to the bottom, but does it come with the black stand as well? Is that part of the light?
Old 11-18-2011, 04:45 PM   #4
Lowe
Finnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Welcome to the forum!

1) the beveled edges of the front glass don't seem to show up very well in the photograph over on the Finnex web site. I would imagine that they need a proper angle and higher quality photo to properly display them. In most of the small photos posted on the Finnex site the beveling ends up making the tank look like it has trim on the top rim. It is a shame to have a high quality (and aesthetically pleasing) feature actually look worse in the photos.

2) there are not prices yet for many of the tanks and bits of equipment on the Finnex/Schuber Wright site. Those products that do have pricing seem to have pretty good pricing for the quality of product being offered so I am looking forward to seeing what the other pricing options are.
Thank you for your input. We will look in to shooting more quality photos. You are correct, shooting the beveled edge in a way that makes it more pronounced has been difficult to say the least! I will have them shoot more today to see if a good one can be drawn from the bunch for you.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Lowe
Finnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm View Post
These look pretty sweet - for around $200 you can get the kit with a 4 gallon low iron aquarium, 2 daylight LED lights, and a Finnex canister filter. It seems like the tank also comes with a garden mat attached to the bottom, but does it come with the black stand as well? Is that part of the light?
Yep, the base is indeed the base for the two LED lights as well.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:08 PM   #6
Lowe
Finnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness View Post
Welcome to the forum!

I hope these quick photos we snapped do more justice for the beveled edges and silicon work as you requested.

Old 11-18-2011, 09:06 PM   #7
tetranewbie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (29/100%)

Wow, that's a really nice looking little nano-setup. Any chance you guys have more info (PAR, lumens, etc) on those LEDs?
tetranewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #8
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Thanks for the quick response.

I have never seen a tank with beveled edges like that before but I have seen glass or crystal pieces with similarly beveled edges so I sort of had an image in my head of what the tank would actually look like and those new photos that you provided confirm it.

Perfect timing too - I have been considering getting a display quality nano tank for my mother for Christmas since I don't want to risk higher quality shrimp in her community tank and none of the available options were blowing me away.

Definitely going to have look into this further when I get the time.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
demonr6
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

Yep, saw this tank and drooled..
The Fraternity of Dirt #5
I'm dirty

My Finnex 4 Tank Journal-RETIRED 20L Rimless Journal-started 12-20 55L Journal-NEW 06-12

.sdrawkcab dootsrednu tub sdrawrof devil si efiL
demonr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #10
Lowe
Finnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetranewbie View Post
Wow, that's a really nice looking little nano-setup. Any chance you guys have more info (PAR, lumens, etc) on those LEDs?
These numbers are for the Crustacean Star only which uses DC. We are in the process of getting the Par values and other important data for all units at the moment. I hope the will suffice for the time being.

Crustacean Star

Cool White - 300lm
30cm - 16780 Lux; 60cm - 3420 Lux; 1 Meter - 1081 Lux
25 Angle
70 CRI (Ra)

Blue - 20lm
30cm - 1503 Lux; 60 cm - 365 Lux; 1 Meter - 132 Lux
25 Angle
Old 11-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
tetranewbie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (29/100%)

Wow, those numbers look pretty nice! Gah, another tank I want, but have no money for One of these days...

Thanks for the info!
tetranewbie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2011, 05:03 PM   #12
gnod
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

do you have any info on the Finnex ML-1624 lightt? like the wattage or par reading?

Last edited by gnod; 02-01-2012 at 11:29 PM..
gnod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #13
prototyp3
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (86/100%)

Interesting setup at a great price point. It's great to see new options becoming available. I do have a couple issues though:

1) That beveled front glass is strange and kind of distracting. Most people enjoy and want the beveled edges, not a bevel on the viewing pane.

2) I understand the importance of branding, but the fancy star setup is a little excessive with all the text plastered all over the base and light housing. The brand on the aquarium itself is a little wordy as well.

I would totally buy one if that front pane was left flat and just had the edges polished and beveled like other tanks.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #14
Lowe
Finnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototyp3 View Post
Interesting setup at a great price point. It's great to see new options becoming available. I do have a couple issues though:

1) That beveled front glass is strange and kind of distracting. Most people enjoy and want the beveled edges, not a bevel on the viewing pane.

2) I understand the importance of branding, but the fancy star setup is a little excessive with all the text plastered all over the base and light housing. The brand on the aquarium itself is a little wordy as well.

I would totally buy one if that front pane was left flat and just had the edges polished and beveled like other tanks.

Thanks for the input! If you don't like the front Bevel you could always flip the tanks around

As for the branding. I agree with you. The fancy star is one of the best selling SW products in Taiwan, I suppose branding is an important factor over East. When the next order is placed I will note that to their manufacturer to keep that in mind for our shipment.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:12 PM   #15
Lowe
Finnex

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnod View Post
do you have any info on the Finnex ML-1624 lightt? like the wattage or par reading?
The bulb is a 24 watter. As for Par specs, I will get that info to you shortly!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.